Topic: Fetching user ID number.

Hi guys, I just want to simply create a link at the top of the page where it says "Logged in as blah blah". I want the URL to be the users name and when clicked I want the link to take the user to their profile to edit and what not. But, I don't know how to fetch the user id from the database.

I see in header.php this is where I have to do it:

$tpl_temp = '<div id="brdwelcome" class="inbox">'."\n\t\t\t".'<ul class="conl">'."\n\t\t\t\t".'<li>'.$lang_common['Logged in as'].' <strong>'.pun_htmlspecialchars($pun_user['username']).'</strong></li>'."\n\t\t\t\t".'<li>'.$lang_common['Last visit'].': '.format_time($pun_user['last_visit']).'</li>';

I'm guessing I'd have to create the url around the $pun_user part so it would be like:

$tpl_temp = '<div id="brdwelcome" class="inbox">'."\n\t\t\t".'<ul class="conl">'."\n\t\t\t\t".'<li>'.$lang_common['Logged in as'].' <strong><a href="/profile.php?id=ID NUMBER HERE"> '.pun_htmlspecialchars($pun_user['username']).' </a></strong></li>'."\n\t\t\t\t".'<li>'.$lang_common['Last visit'].': '.format_time($pun_user['last_visit']).'</li>';

Thanks in advance for help guys.

ricketh.

Re: Fetching user ID number.

Never mind guys, I've figured it out.

<a href="profile.php?id='.$pun_user['id'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($pun_user['username']).'</a>

Re: Fetching user ID number.

Hi,

This is something I was also looking for. Glad you thought of it ricketh!..

Thanks