Topic: I'm brand new at this

Ok, I got my own WoW guild, and I wanted to have my guildmates, as well as some of my IRL friends to be able to communicate online, via forum boards. I bought server space from 1and1.com. I have no clue how to upload or set up the forum, if someone could help me out that would be exelent.

Re: I'm brand new at this

http://punbb.org/docs/install.html
Check that out, it should help smile

I've seen that before, I was trying to figure it out, but had no luck. If anyone has ever worked with 1and1.com and knows their servers, i dunno, mabye im just retarded at it. My server stats are as follows.
    * 3 domain names
    * 200 GB web space
    * 2,000 e-mail accounts
    * 2,000 GB traffic

The complete solution for business users who are looking for an easy way to build a sophisticated, professional web presence.

or is that nowhere near what i am looking for, I know someone told me webspace is webspace, when you buy a host, you can pretty much do what ever you want.

Wow 2,000GB of traffic, who the heck uses that much? All that space and only 3 domain names, no way to fill up that much.

Zaphoy, you'll need to learn:
The 1&1 Control Panel is the simple way to manage your domain names, e-mail addresses and websites with one login, one password and no hassle! And because it?s browser-based, you have access anytime and anywhere.

i use 1and1.com for my sites.
the db are located on a different server.
there server are set to be a vitrual server
create each domain ... a folder and point to it.
then create db
run install..
that should be it.

it took me a while to figure it out. but u can call there 1-800 number for free support....... 24/7

Q

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

I'm still completly lost, can you like, direct me, motion for motoin from login as to waht to do?

I hate to double post, but I really need help figuring this out, and have had no luck thus far.

The problem is that you're not asking about a problem with PunBB, you're asking about basic web stuff smile
Take advantage of your host's FAQ and support features (like their phone number/email stuff).

As for how to upload:
http://faq.1and1.com/web_space__access/ … unt/4.html

You might be better off using a service like MyPunBB or PunBB-Hosting. That way, although you are limited in how you can modify your forum, you don't have to worry about setup (and it doesn't cost anything)

Disclaimer: I run PunBB-Hosting tongue