Topic: Chatroom, chat, ajax chat, java chat.... integration with punbb

Hello.

I'm looking for a nice chat mod which would integrate nicely with my current punbb data. The chat would not only allow everybody who's online to chat together but would also allow one to one chat.

I've checked and installed several chat scripts and mods but none of them seems to do the trick.

The most relevant I've tested was PBB ChatBox which is written in AJAX but only seems to allow global chat and not one to one chat although it integrates nicely with PunBB.

I've followed several posts but, from my understanding, most of them are based on an IRC like mod which would seem (I might be wrong) to demand quite a lot of work to be integrated so that IRC commands are hidden for a non techie interface.

Can you please help me on that one. Or maybe we could give a state of the art regarding existing chatroom solutions.

Re: Chatroom, chat, ajax chat, java chat.... integration with punbb

Moved to Modifications

flashchat at tufat.com
they have the integrations files u need for user..
works very nicely in punbb....

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

and $5 you can't go wrong.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

quaker wrote:

flashchat at tufat.com
they have the integrations files u need for user..
works very nicely in punbb....

I really like the flashchat, but I want to integrate it into my punbb installation...There is a hack available in the code depot from tufat, but it doesn't seem to work on my modded punbb sad

funny, I was just looking at flashchat and wondering if it would work with PunBB.  Since it works with SMF and phpBB I don't see why it wouldnt' work with Punbb.

I've been testing x7chan and phpfreechat, both of which integrate into punbb.  Would be really interested in other chat programs (paid or free) that can be integrated into punbb.   I'm specifically looknig for chat with direct/private chat and other basic features (change color, etc.)

Rob Ludlow 
www.Nifty-Stuff.com - Repository of all Stuff Nifty!
www.reviewum.com - Professor Ratings + Teacher Reviews

I bought the flaschat script mentioned above ( www.tufat.com , $5)  and it does al that and more. It shouldn't be too hard to integrate it into punbb if you have some php skills..And if you do please give me the howto wink

brotherlordacid, please keep me posted as you use it.   The tufat forums have mixed reviews on how stable flashchat is, and also how many users it can support at once.

Thanks!

Rob Ludlow 

can't ask for much more for $5 for lifetime licenses.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Just a footnote:  I'm on a VPS server and ran flashchat.  I had 10 people logged in and actively chatting and it seemed to be running well at first.  After about 20 mins my server load started to increase and then kept going up and up and up.   I've tried xchat, phpfreechat, and flashchat and all of them seem to run fine at first, but if you get 10+ people chatting you better have a pretty robust server.

I'm going to keep testing these applications, but I'm not holding my breath.

Rob Ludlow