Re: Nintendo Wii

CodeXP wrote:

I would have preferred it if they went the same path as Microsoft with their Xbox 360 and sold the player as an addon, thus reducing the price of the console itself.

They are able to do that because they don't plan on releasing games in the HD-DVD format, while Sony wants their ~30Gb for games. So the PS3 would be useless without the drive. However, I doubt any game studio will utilize that space.

I tried to pitch the Wii to my GF, but ended up doing it too well I guess. She ended up begging me NOT to buy one, as she was afraid she would spend way too much time playing...

CodeDuck wrote:

I tried to pitch the Wii to my GF, but ended up doing it too well I guess. She ended up begging me NOT to buy one, as she was afraid she would spend way too much time playing...

Dude...that sucks.  I feel for you man sad

Also, I want to voice similar sentiments about the Sony and the PS3. Sony really hasn't done anything to really warrant my money lately with some of their announcements, lies and the insane BS around the PS3. IF I ever get one (and that's a BIG IF) will be bought used and not new so I don't give Sony any more of my money.