I installed the Easy Poll + , and now my forum doesent work at all sad

all I get is "An error was encountered
Error: Impossible de reFIND le nombre total de sondage. "

http://rccars.pl/forum/

what is the problem ?? any help smile

Re: Easy Poll + PROBLEMS :(

Did you launch well install_mod.php ?

My problem is that I see a blank page when I start /punbb/index.php.
I traced my way back to the status without the Easy Poll mod and it worked nicely.

Yes, install_mod.php worked ok (gave no errors) and the table and additional fields are in the database. I checked the cut&paste work twice, no mistake.
I did the complete installaiton of the mod again and had the same result: blank page.

Maybe the mod does not work with PunBB 1.2.14 including the PMS v.1.2.2 by Connorhd ?

wobo

FSFE Fellow #359 - The Freedom of Knowledge is a Human Right

It does, it's merely a pain to install wink

I just discovered that after de-installing Easy Poll all pages function except the search (and all links that rely on search.php). I've to go hunting for the error in search.php.

It does, it's merely a pain to install

Could you elaborate a little bit, pls ? smile

wobo wrote:

I've to go hunting for the error in search.php.

Found it.

So I would love to hear about the tedious work of installing the Easy Poll mod on PunBB 1.2.14 smile
Polls are essential in our forum, not just chitchat polls but also polls for decisions about changes and such.

wobo

The pain was that searching for code is hard because it's all in French. This also includes you having to translate the admin options in the readme.

elbekko wrote:

The pain was that searching for code is hard because it's all in French.

Hmm, you must have a diferent version then. Here everything is in English, except for those error messages - but you can easily c&p the English error messages from the original code in PunBB.

I was referring to the changed code not working in 1.2.14

wobo

9 (edited by elbekko 2007-02-14 11:52)

It works on 1.2.14 excellenty smile
Only thing that would need to change is install_mod.php I think.

elbekko wrote:

It works on 1.2.14 excellenty smile
Only thing that would need to change is install_mod.php I think.

Good news that it works, now would you care to show the changes you made to install_mod.php? Or did you install in a previous version?

wobo

I installed on 1.2.14. The only change needed is described here.

Oh? I already added the version, caused by logical thinking. smile

wobo

What errors are you encountering then?

First time I installed it I got a blank page when I start PunBB. I went back to the status before the installation of this MOD and did all other MODs for the bare necessities first. Now I'm coming back and I'm in the middle of the c&p orgy. I'll come back reporting after that's done.

wobo

OK, update:

I have installed the MOD. install_mod.php worked without error message, the fields it is supposed to set in the database are set.
I checked the c&p twice.

Result:
I get a blank page whenever I start viewtopic.php, search.php and admin_forums.php. I'll check the code once more.
And the poll-related text in the output of admin_groups.php is in french instead of German (yes, I did change the English and German lang files)

wobo

Can you put the files on http://elbekko.pastebin.ca ?

Wow, that's a great tool! FIles are uploaded:

http://elbekko.pastebin.ca/359570 admin_forums.php
http://elbekko.pastebin.ca/359575 search.php
http://elbekko.pastebin.ca/359578 viewtopic.php

wobo

Only thing I can see is a possible incompatibility with the subforum mod (if I'm seeing it right).

elbekko wrote:

Only thing I can see is a possible incompatibility with the subforum mod (if I'm seeing it right).

Yes, that's what I think as well. I'll remove the Subforum MOD and check. But that's bad because both features are needed badly. I have 15 subforums at the moment and was planning to open at least 10 more, so reducing the first level forums (53 in 9 categories, it's a monster).

wobo

Well, the subforums are known to be buggy =/

Step by step.... smile

In search.php the problem is with this change: (around line 744)

original:

echo "\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t".'<option value="'.$cur_forum['fid'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_forum['forum_name']).'</option>'."\n";

replaced by:

if ($cur_forum['parent_forum_id'] == 0)
    {
         echo "\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t".'<option value="'.$cur_forum['fid'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_forum['forum_name']).'</option>'."\n";
    }
    else
    {
         echo "\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t".'<option value="'.$cur_forum['fid'].'">   '.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_forum['forum_name']).'</option>'."\n";
    }

The mistake is: the placeholders for space must be framed in double quotes! So, the correct line is:

echo "\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t".'<option value="'.$cur_forum['fid'].'">"   "'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_forum['forum_name']).'</option>'."\n";

Of course this could be solved a bit better because now you have this space framed with double quotes in the dropdown box in your search page. But it works this way and does not without the quotes. smile

wobo

OK, sorry, elbekko, but I'm getting nowhere with the Easy Poll mod!

After fiddling around for 2 days I did a completely fresh 1.2.14 installation without any mods, no extra data or else, just the installation out-of-the-box with the admin user and the "Test" category and forum. The only "extra" part I installed was the German language.

Then I installed Easy Poll + v.2.0 and had the same malfunctions as in the previous installation. This proves to me that Easy Poll does not work with PunBB 1.2.14 - at least not without some changes, and I do not know which changes to the original mod I would have to make.

wobo

Well, it worked for me. Only thing I advise checking is if the german language pack for the poll mod is included.

24 (edited by wobo 2007-02-22 15:35)

The German lang pack is not included in the main Easy Poll zip, it is included in the German PunBB language zip.
But this is not relevant because I get the same bad results when I switch to English as forum language.

You really got PunBB 1.2.14 and Easy Poll + v.2.0 working out-of-the-box? Yes, of course I believe you, but I don't know what I could do to make it work, other than checking the c&p 3 times (which I did, once with a diff output which matched the Readme file exactly).

Ok, there is a way you could help - although it's asking a lot of you and I would not mind if you wouldn't do it smile
You coould send me your modified files in a zip or tarball, so I could see where there are differences.

wobo

Sure, mail me the modified files smile I'll run a diff with my files.