Topic: Private message problem

Hi, I've tried to install this plug-in and when I did and when I done all the steps from readme.txt it shows blank page when I'm opening index page of forum. Is that normal before I do the things from readme-upgrade.txt or this shouldn't happen?

Thanks

Re: Private message problem

um we need more info dude. like did u run the install_mod.php first?

everyone else who has installed the PM system - works fine.

give us details. logs. something!

~thegleek

3 (edited by guardian34 2007-02-02 20:47)

AlenNS wrote:

readme.txt ? readme-upgrade.txt

Which file did you use? You only use the upgrade one if you're upgrading from an older version of that mod.

I would look at the php files you uploaded to include/pms. If they start with (just) this?

<?

?then you probably need to change it to this:

<?php

OK. I've run install_mod.php and I didn't have installed pm earlier on my forum, this was first time I've tried to install it.

When I run install it said that pm is installed and that I shuold follow instructions from readme.txt.

Then I've opened readme.txt and did all the things that write in there. I changed all the codes and when I save and upload the files there is a blank page on my index.php

There is something that I think it could be a reason of problem in this code...

#---------[ 18. FIND (line: 1050) ]-------------------------------------------------
#

$email_field = '<label><strong>'.$lang_common['E-mail'].'</strong><br /><input type="text" name="req_email" value="'.$user['email'].'" size="40" maxlength="50" /><br /></label><p><a href="misc.php?email='.$id.'">'.$lang_common['Send e-mail'].'</a></p>'."\n";

#
#---------[ 19. AFTER, ADD ]---------------------------------------------------
#

[b]require PUN_ROOT.'lang/'.$pun_user['language'].'/pms.php';[/b] ?
            $email_field .= '<p><a href="message_send.php?id='.$id.'">'.$lang_pms['Quick message'].'</a></p>'."\n";

After this bolded part in my readme.txt there is some square ( like one I entered uphere ) or something which I didn't entered in profile.php.

Is that square necesary?

@guardian34 In include/pms/ I have 6 files. Only two files ( footer_links.php and profile_send.php ) starts with <?php and 4 rest files are starting with <? did you mean that I should change that?

Editing profile.php will not affect the loading of index.php
I would do what guardian34 suggests, which you guessed right about

OK. I'll try it now. Thanks.

Nothing. I've changed the codes in includes/pms inserting php after ? on start of the code and nothing.

On administration there is plugin pm and options to change but when i enter on forum there is just e-mail to send to other users and there is no pm...

What should I do?

AlenNS wrote:

Nothing. I've changed the codes in includes/pms inserting php after ? on start of the code and nothing.

On administration there is plugin pm and options to change but when i enter on forum there is just e-mail to send to other users and there is no pm...

What should I do?

give one of us *nix guru's root/sudo access to your server and let us do the deed. tongue

~thegleek

I wouls rather like if someone could solve my problem here... smile

Check your phpinfo(), make sure display_errors is set to On

Where could I look that?

Create a PHP file (say, phpinfo.php) that contains simply the following:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

Then, upload it to your server and open it in your browser.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

13 (edited by AlenNS 2007-02-12 17:33)

Smartys wrote:

Check your phpinfo(), make sure display_errors is set to On

@pogenwurst Thx for help.

display_errors is set to OFF

What should I do?

Edit your php.ini

I can't find it. Should I make one like phpinfo.php?

php.ini is part of php, you will need to ask your host to do it if you cant.

Even without access to php.ini, you might be able to insert something like this at the top of, say, include/common.php.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

display_errors  boolean

This determines whether errors should be printed to the screen as part of the output or if they should be hidden from the user.

Note: This is a feature to support your development and should never be used on production systems (e.g. systems connected to the internet).

Note: Although display_errors may be set at runtime (with ini_set()), it won't have any affect if the script has fatal errors. This is because the desired runtime action does not get executed.

.htaccess perhaps, not ini_set

Ah, good catch. smile

Any update on this issue?  I'm having the same problem after just installing the mod.

West Coast Gaming
www.wcgaming.net

What steps from this topic have you tried so far?