Topic: help a xampp user?

i need to chmod files on my home server.  But I cant get filezilla to work.
What settings should I set in file zila?
Also, it doesnt seem to work at all, as all the screen shots i have seen show local files, remote files, etc, but all i see is an open white space saying

"FileZilla Server version 0.9.22 beta
Copyright 2001-2006 by Tim Kosse (tim.kosse@filezilla-project.org)
Connecting to server...
Connected, waiting for authentication
Logged on"

this doesnt apeat to be right.

Re: help a xampp user?

You downloaded the FTP server, not the FTP client
And I assume you're running this on Windows: there's no chmodding necessary there (chmod is a Linux thing)

hmmm.....i got the client now too...and i cant get it to connect.  yeah, windows, but the thing is, when i look at some of my work, certain parts dont show (which are the same parts that dont show with out chmoding) im not sure whats up.

ericsagirl wrote:

hmmm.....i got the client now too...and i cant get it to connect.  yeah, windows, but the thing is, when i look at some of my work, certain parts dont show (which are the same parts that dont show with out chmoding) im not sure whats up.

You can't use the client without a server to connect to

one thing to check is that your connection is passive (if you are firewalled).  once you create a connection, press the advanced button and select the middle radio button for passive.

once you connect, right click on the file you want to chmod, and type in the chmod value in the text box, or check the appropriate check boxes, and click OK.

Resolved...I'm dumb.