Topic: administration problem

Hello,

I recently installed PunBB, and it all went ok but when I log in and try to access the administration area I get the following message:

"An error was encountered
Error: Unable to fetch online count."

and can't administer the forum, any help would be appreciated.

Alexis

Re: administration problem

Netfirms?
If so, http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=89382#p89382
Also if so, if it's not too much trouble, could you run the following PHP script

<?php
exec('uptime')

and report back what the output was? It should help us figured out why admin_index.php is failing for your host smile

A better solution ;P

find

else
    $server_load = 'Not available';

replace with

else
{
    // Certain webhosts have modified shells which are some how corrupting the $db error buffer (I think), this should clear dat out. This is a hack
    if (!in_array(PHP_OS, array('WINNT', 'WIN32')))
        $db->query('SELECT 1');
}

or

else
{
    // Certain webhosts have modified shells which are some how corrupting the $db error buffer (I think), this should clear dat out. This is a hack
    $db->query('SELECT 1');
}

depending on how many clock cycles vs queries you want to waste wink

I enjoy pie :)

hello,

Yes, I have the Netfirms hosting.  So I placed Mediator's second code and now I can see the admin page and everything seems to be working. 

Smartys: I don't know where I am supposed to insert that code, I tried in the admin_index but got an error.  If you could tell me where the code goes I'll be happy to report back.

Thanks

AlexisPavon: Don't worry about it, I tested it with another Netfirms user (that's how Mediator came with his solution wink )