Topic: Links Page 1.2 - has somebody already added description?

hi all.  i want a links module for about 800 links.  i tried out 'links page 1.2' and it works well.  today i'm going to try and modify it to add a brief description of the link right after the link itself.  but it seemed best to ask if somebody has already done this prior to starting.  thanks for any tips.

Re: Links Page 1.2 - has somebody already added description?

Moved to Modifications

3 (edited by eric235u 2007-04-23 17:02)

sorry about posting to the wrong forum.  another damn newb here.

so this morning i modified the links module.  just added a column for a link description.  i just tried it out on PunBB 1.1.15 and it works.  feel free to download it and check it out.  please let me know if i screwed anyting up.

i really didn't do much.  the original module author did *all* the heavy lifting.

links plus 1.2.1

later edit:  i also made it so only members can submit links and changed the formating in the administration area.

Quick quiz to all ...

When implementing these link mods, can I still use other forums like the default install of PunBB, or does the link mod itself do things which are global to your board?

It just adds a page, the main functionality of the board isn't affected.

Hey elbekko, thanks for replying.

Are there any good demos?  I looked around, but all appear to be dead links. sad

I have no idea, I'm not using it atm, so can't show it to you.

hi.  the links module i modified a bit looks like this:  Links Plus 1.2.1.

i'm currently working on another module but when i get that done (say within a month) i'm going to redo the links module.  i want to change the formatting and add some features.  it's currently a very simple but functional module.

It looks rather nice, but i think that a table is at hand to seperate the links from their specific descriptions. It would look alot more professional ( not to mention organised ).

Tubby wrote:

It looks rather nice, but i think that a table is at hand to seperate the links from their specific descriptions. It would look alot more professional ( not to mention organised ).

yeah.  my next version will be much better.  this was just a first try.  for the next version i want to basically clone the xoops link module for punbb.  it looks like this.  people seem to like the catagories at the top and the other features.  so i'll copy them.  i should be able to get to work on it in about a month.  i'll post it here for u all to check out.