Topic: Making username a link to profile on index

I am trying to figure out what to add in order to make the user name to the right under Last Post clickable to their profile. I've tried but I suck at this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Bingiman

Re: Making username a link to profile on index

bing.. msn me... let work this out...hehe..

Q

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

Can someone please help me with this.

Thanks

*bump*

It's not so easy, since the user ID isn't stored on the table. You would need to join the posts table on last_post_id and get poster_id from that to use.

hmm...Can you do it? I would really appreciate it. please..

Bingiman

Can someone please assist me with this?

Sure smile
This code is untested but should work

index.php
FIND

$result = $db->query('SELECT c.id AS cid, c.cat_name, f.id AS fid, f.forum_name, f.forum_desc, f.redirect_url, f.moderators, f.num_topics, f.num_posts, f.last_post, f.last_post_id, f.last_poster FROM '.$db->prefix.'categories AS c INNER JOIN '.$db->prefix.'forums AS f ON c.id=f.cat_id LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'forum_perms AS fp ON (fp.forum_id=f.id AND fp.group_id='.$pun_user['g_id'].') WHERE fp.read_forum IS NULL OR fp.read_forum=1 ORDER BY c.disp_position, c.id, f.disp_position', true) or error('Unable to fetch category/forum list', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

REPLACE WITH

$result = $db->query('SELECT c.id AS cid, c.cat_name, f.id AS fid, f.forum_name, f.forum_desc, f.redirect_url, f.moderators, f.num_topics, f.num_posts, f.last_post, f.last_post_id, f.last_poster, p.poster_id as last_poster_id FROM '.$db->prefix.'categories AS c INNER JOIN '.$db->prefix.'forums AS f ON c.id=f.cat_id LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'forum_perms AS fp ON (fp.forum_id=f.id AND fp.group_id='.$pun_user['g_id'].') INNER JOIN '.$db->prefix.'posts AS p ON (p.id=f.last_post_id) WHERE fp.read_forum IS NULL OR fp.read_forum=1 ORDER BY c.disp_position, c.id, f.disp_position', true) or error('Unable to fetch category/forum list', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

FIND

$last_post = '<a href="viewtopic.php?pid='.$cur_forum['last_post_id'].'#p'.$cur_forum['last_post_id'].'">'.format_time($cur_forum['last_post']).'</a> <span class="byuser">'.$lang_common['by'].' '.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_forum['last_poster']).'</span>';

REPLACE WITH

$last_post = '<a href="viewtopic.php?pid='.$cur_forum['last_post_id'].'#p'.$cur_forum['last_post_id'].'">'.format_time($cur_forum['last_post']).'</a> <span class="byuser">'.$lang_common['by'].' <a href="profile.php?id='.$cur_forum['last_poster_id'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_forum['last_poster']).'</a></span>';

And who's trying this? What's about results?

AndyDeacon wrote:

And who's trying this? What's about results?

If you want to know if it works, it's only a few minutes job to test it yourself.

Thank you very much Smartys. I tried it but it didn't work so I began playing around with it and came up with the following which now works.

$result = $db->query('SELECT c.id AS cid, c.cat_name, f.id AS fid, f.forum_name, f.forum_desc, f.redirect_url, f.moderators, f.num_topics, f.num_posts, f.last_post, f.last_post_id, f.last_poster, p.poster_id as last_poster_id FROM '.$db->prefix.'categories AS c INNER JOIN '.$db->prefix.'forums AS f ON c.id=f.cat_id LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'forum_perms AS fp ON (fp.forum_id=f.id AND fp.group_id='.$pun_user['g_id'].') LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'posts AS p ON (p.id=f.last_post_id) WHERE fp.read_forum IS NULL OR fp.read_forum=1 ORDER BY c.disp_position, c.id, f.disp_position') or error('Unable to fetch category/forum list', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

I had to change INNER JOIN to LEFT JOIN towards the end of the code and  I also had to remove "true" from that line as well because if left in I can only see 2 of my forums. The same thing happened when I left INNER JOIN there as well. Anyway, it works great now.

Thanks again
Bingiman

I also added it to viewforum.php. It works great as well but maybe someone call tell me if what I did is correct:

original code:

$result = $db->query('SELECT c.id AS cid, c.cat_name, f.id AS fid, f.forum_name, f.forum_desc, f.redirect_url, f.moderators, f.num_topics, f.num_posts, f.last_post, f.last_post_id, f.last_poster, p.poster_id as last_poster_id FROM '.$db->prefix.'categories AS c INNER JOIN '.$db->prefix.'forums AS f ON c.id=f.cat_id LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'forum_perms AS fp ON (fp.forum_id=f.id AND fp.group_id='.$pun_user['g_id'].') LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'posts AS p ON (p.id=f.last_post_id) WHERE fp.read_forum IS NULL OR fp.read_forum=1 ORDER BY c.disp_position, c.id, f.disp_position') or error('Unable to fetch category/forum list', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

new code:

$result = $db->query('SELECT f.forum_name, f.redirect_url, f.moderators, f.num_topics, f.sort_by, fp.post_topics, p.poster_id as last_poster_id FROM '.$db->prefix.'forums AS f LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'forum_perms AS fp ON (fp.forum_id=f.id AND fp.group_id='.$pun_user['g_id'].') LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'posts AS p ON (p.id=f.last_post_id) WHERE (fp.read_forum IS NULL OR fp.read_forum=1) AND f.id='.$id) or error('Unable to fetch forum info', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

...and for the username as link
this:

$last_post = '<a href="viewtopic.php?pid='.$cur_topic['last_post_id'].'#p'.$cur_topic['last_post_id'].'">'.format_time($cur_topic['last_post']).'</a><br /><span class="byuser">'.$lang_common['by'].' '.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['last_poster']).'</span>';

to:

$last_post = '<a href="viewtopic.php?pid='.$cur_topic['last_post_id'].'#p'.$cur_topic['last_post_id'].'">'.format_time($cur_topic['last_post']).'</a><br /><span class="byuser">'.$lang_common['by'].'  <a href="profile.php?id='.$cur_forum['last_poster_id'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['last_poster']).'</a></span>';

Oh, right, left join in case there is no last post data wink
I'm not sure why you would have to enable buffering though, unless you're running a query inside that loop (an unmodded PunBB does not)

Well, I am using the mod that shows the forum topic name on the index which was on the wiki.

Anyway, the second part there is messing me up. In viewforum I used the same code but whenever I hover over the username it is all the name user ID. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong and what I need to add?

Thanks
bingiman

$cur_topic['last_poster_id'], not $cur_forum['last_poster_id'] wink
Also, in the viewforum query, you want to join the posts table to the topics table, not the forums table.

This is my existing code. I tried but I just cant get it.:

$result = $db->query('SELECT f.forum_name, f.redirect_url, f.moderators, f.num_topics, f.sort_by, fp.post_topics FROM '.$db->prefix.'forums AS f LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'forum_perms AS fp ON (fp.forum_id=f.id AND fp.group_id='.$pun_user['g_id'].') WHERE (fp.read_forum IS NULL OR fp.read_forum=1) AND f.id='.$id) or error('Unable to fetch forum info', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

Smarty's can you help me with this? I keep trying but I can't seem to get it at all.

viewforum.php
FIND

// Fetch list of topics to display on this page
if ($pun_user['is_guest'] || $pun_config['o_show_dot'] == '0')
{
    // Without "the dot"
    $sql = 'SELECT id, poster, subject, posted, last_post, last_post_id, last_poster, num_views, num_replies, closed, sticky, moved_to FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics WHERE forum_id='.$id.' ORDER BY sticky DESC, '.(($cur_forum['sort_by'] == '1') ? 'posted' : 'last_post').' DESC LIMIT '.$start_from.', '.$pun_user['disp_topics'];
}
else
{
    // With "the dot"
    switch ($db_type)
    {
        case 'mysql':
        case 'mysqli':
            $sql = 'SELECT p.poster_id AS has_posted, t.id, t.subject, t.poster, t.posted, t.last_post, t.last_post_id, t.last_poster, t.num_views, t.num_replies, t.closed, t.sticky, t.moved_to FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics AS t LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'posts AS p ON t.id=p.topic_id AND p.poster_id='.$pun_user['id'].' WHERE t.forum_id='.$id.' GROUP BY t.id ORDER BY sticky DESC, '.(($cur_forum['sort_by'] == '1') ? 'posted' : 'last_post').' DESC LIMIT '.$start_from.', '.$pun_user['disp_topics'];
            break;

case 'sqlite':
            $sql = 'SELECT p.poster_id AS has_posted, t.id, t.subject, t.poster, t.posted, t.last_post, t.last_post_id, t.last_poster, t.num_views, t.num_replies, t.closed, t.sticky, t.moved_to FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics AS t LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'posts AS p ON t.id=p.topic_id AND p.poster_id='.$pun_user['id'].' WHERE t.id IN(SELECT id FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics WHERE forum_id='.$id.' ORDER BY sticky DESC, '.(($cur_forum['sort_by'] == '1') ? 'posted' : 'last_post').' DESC LIMIT '.$start_from.', '.$pun_user['disp_topics'].') GROUP BY t.id ORDER BY t.sticky DESC, t.last_post DESC';
            break;

default:
            $sql = 'SELECT p.poster_id AS has_posted, t.id, t.subject, t.poster, t.posted, t.last_post, t.last_post_id, t.last_poster, t.num_views, t.num_replies, t.closed, t.sticky, t.moved_to FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics AS t LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'posts AS p ON t.id=p.topic_id AND p.poster_id='.$pun_user['id'].' WHERE t.forum_id='.$id.' GROUP BY t.id, t.subject, t.poster, t.posted, t.last_post, t.last_post_id, t.last_poster, t.num_views, t.num_replies, t.closed, t.sticky, t.moved_to, p.poster_id ORDER BY sticky DESC, '.(($cur_forum['sort_by'] == '1') ? 'posted' : 'last_post').' DESC LIMIT '.$start_from.', '.$pun_user['disp_topics'];
            break;

}
}

REPLACE WITH

// Fetch list of topics to display on this page
if ($pun_user['is_guest'] || $pun_config['o_show_dot'] == '0')
{
    // Without "the dot"
    $sql = 'SELECT t.id, t.poster, t.subject, t.posted, t.last_post, t.last_post_id, t.last_poster, t.num_views, t.num_replies, t.closed, t.sticky, t.moved_to, p.poster_id AS last_poster_id FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics AS t INNER JOIN '.$db->prefix.'posts AS p ON (p.id=t.last_post_id) WHERE forum_id='.$id.' ORDER BY sticky DESC, '.(($cur_forum['sort_by'] == '1') ? 'posted' : 'last_post').' DESC LIMIT '.$start_from.', '.$pun_user['disp_topics'];
}
else
{
    // With "the dot"
    switch ($db_type)
    {
        case 'mysql':
        case 'mysqli':
            $sql = 'SELECT p.poster_id AS has_posted, t.id, t.subject, t.poster, t.posted, t.last_post, t.last_post_id, t.last_poster, t.num_views, t.num_replies, t.closed, t.sticky, t.moved_to, p2.poster_id AS last_poster_id FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics AS t LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'posts AS p ON t.id=p.topic_id AND p.poster_id='.$pun_user['id'].' INNER JOIN '.$db->prefix.'posts AS p2 ON (p2.id=t.last_post_id) WHERE t.forum_id='.$id.' GROUP BY t.id ORDER BY sticky DESC, '.(($cur_forum['sort_by'] == '1') ? 'posted' : 'last_post').' DESC LIMIT '.$start_from.', '.$pun_user['disp_topics'];
            break;

case 'sqlite':
            $sql = 'SELECT p.poster_id AS has_posted, t.id, t.subject, t.poster, t.posted, t.last_post, t.last_post_id, t.last_poster, t.num_views, t.num_replies, t.closed, t.sticky, t.moved_to FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics AS t LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'posts AS p ON t.id=p.topic_id AND p.poster_id='.$pun_user['id'].' WHERE t.id IN(SELECT id FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics WHERE forum_id='.$id.' ORDER BY sticky DESC, '.(($cur_forum['sort_by'] == '1') ? 'posted' : 'last_post').' DESC LIMIT '.$start_from.', '.$pun_user['disp_topics'].') GROUP BY t.id ORDER BY t.sticky DESC, t.last_post DESC';
            break;

default:
            $sql = 'SELECT p.poster_id AS has_posted, t.id, t.subject, t.poster, t.posted, t.last_post, t.last_post_id, t.last_poster, t.num_views, t.num_replies, t.closed, t.sticky, t.moved_to FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics AS t LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'posts AS p ON t.id=p.topic_id AND p.poster_id='.$pun_user['id'].' WHERE t.forum_id='.$id.' GROUP BY t.id, t.subject, t.poster, t.posted, t.last_post, t.last_post_id, t.last_poster, t.num_views, t.num_replies, t.closed, t.sticky, t.moved_to, p.poster_id ORDER BY sticky DESC, '.(($cur_forum['sort_by'] == '1') ? 'posted' : 'last_post').' DESC LIMIT '.$start_from.', '.$pun_user['disp_topics'];
            break;

}
}

Thank you very, very much for your help. It works great!

Cheers!
Bingiman