Topic: Quick way to update Topics and Forums with correct numbers of items?

After a restore, I have lost the information for several forums and topics - the number of topics, last posted, etc. and for topics, the number of replies, etc. Is there a way to recreate this easily? thanks in advance

Re: Quick way to update Topics and Forums with correct numbers of items?

For forums there's the update_forum function, for topics I can't think of a function offhand, you would have to check post.php to see what it does.

Thanks. Where do I access the Update Forum function?

apgroner wrote:

Where do I access the Update Forum function?

It's part of functions.php (if you're looking for a way to do this programmatically).

You might also check out Connor's Forum Cleanup plugin (on the downloads page).

thanks! that plug-in was exactly what I was looking for. Now I have a new problem. I've run the cleanup and now all my topics have the correct counts, last poster, etc. But they don't display on the viewforum.php page. I can see the correct fields in the db, and when I run in debug mode, cut and paste the query into, say, phpMyAdmin and run the query manually, the fields are returned. But suddenly they don't display. There are just blank table cells where the totals are supposed to be. Any ideas?

Link?

As the forum is password protected, I've sent the link to Smartys by email. Thanks

I don't know that the form email system is working, my email address is smartys at this domain wink

9 (edited by apgroner 2007-10-20 11:22)

Email sent to smartys@punBB.org. Thank you!

Let me know if you didn't receive it... thx