Topic: PunBB and TAZ

What's the deal with TAZ and the lack of PunBB there as a featured forum software? They have a separate forum for UseBB(last activity in it was 07-09-07) which in my opinion, and many others' I'd assume, a much less used system. Has TAZ approached Rickard about this in the past? PunBB gets mentioned there quite often. I think that both sites could benefit from including PunBB more. I could see wanting to keep all support centralized here but those forums are used for much more than support.

Just thought I'd ask...

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Re: PunBB and TAZ

That's something you would have to ask over there, we don't have any control over TAZ wink
It has been suggested there before though:
http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/show … ight=punbb
http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/show … ight=punbb

Oh I knew you guys didn't have control, I was more interested in if the TAZ admins/Sandman has inquired about it before really.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

ah: not as far as I know (although would they be inquiring? wouldn't they just create their forum?)

two words "VB SUX!" why pay for something that free with punbb!!

PUNBB ROCKS

Q

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

Smartys wrote:

ah: not as far as I know (although would they be inquiring? wouldn't they just create their forum?)

Like I mentioned in my first post; maybe Rickard wanted support centralized. But who knows... I'll take them at their word(in those 2 links) that they go by how many people have it listed in their profiles.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Dr.Jeckyl wrote:

Like I mentioned in my first post; maybe Rickard wanted support centralized. But who knows... I'll take them at their word(in those 2 links) that they go by how many people have it listed in their profiles.

That's a weird way of working it though. The fact they don't have a PunBB specific section means that they probably attract less PunBB admins than they would if they created the section. Or, on the other hand, why would existing members bother to list it if they know it's irrelevant, to a degree, on that particualr board. Must admit, I could never understand why they don't have a PunBB section, when you look at what other forum softwares they have sections for, but that may just be my logic which thinks it's weird. big_smile

Dr.Jeckyl: Why would they care if Rickard said that though? If there are enough topics on a specific piece of forum software, it's in their interest to create a forum for those topics. Other than just for the sake of being nice (which the TAZ people are), there's no incentive for them to not create a forum if they feel they should have one.

MattF wrote:

That's a weird way of working it though. The fact they don't have a PunBB specific section means that they probably attract less PunBB admins than they would if they created the section. Or, on the other hand, why would existing members bother to list it if they know it's irrelevant, to a degree, on that particualr board.

Except it IS a choice in your profile and it IS a choice as a usergroup. Just not as a forum specifically for discussing PunBB topics wink
Also, I think very few people go to TAZ just for forum software specific support. Thus, I don't know that having a PunBB forum would attract that many more users: it is, as they say, a case of demand. If there are enough users/topics that PunBB warrants its own forum, it would get one.

MattF wrote:

Must admit, I could never understand why they don't have a PunBB section, when you look at what other forum softwares they have sections for, but that may just be my logic which thinks it's weird. big_smile

That's part of the point. They were more lenient in the past and ended up with some inactive forums. So, they're more selective now.

9 (edited by Dr.Jeckyl 2007-12-29 06:25)

Smartys wrote:

Dr.Jeckyl: Why would they care if Rickard said that though?

That's what I don't know because I haven't been privy to any of the convos between them(IF there ever has been any wink ).

~James
FluxBB - Less is more