1 (edited by SuperMAG 2008-01-25 21:52)

Topic: Isnt its time for Punbb to be more SEO Friendly

Isnt its time for Punbb to be more SEO Friendly...

"Unfortunately no one can be told what PunBB is - you have to see it for yourself."

the only reason its not its not famous because it cannot be detected in Search engine ...

look at phpbb , vbullitin etc ... all of them gone to more seo ..

SEO means Search Engine Optimization

in which the urs are like .html or htm

and also other things ...

if u want to know check the souce of vbulltin souce files to see how do they convert it to html pages .. or phpbb source files

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

Re: Isnt its time for Punbb to be more SEO Friendly

Look at the feature list for 1.3. It's in there.

And PunBB is more than SEO enough. Content > filename.

3

Re: Isnt its time for Punbb to be more SEO Friendly

SuperMAG wrote:

the only reason its not its not famous because it cannot be detected in Search engine ...

What bunkum. It's a sites content that the search engines are interested in. Either that, or my Google/Yahoo/Boardreader and other search engines listings are, in fact, complete and utter illusions.

4

Re: Isnt its time for Punbb to be more SEO Friendly

SuperMAG wrote:

the only reason its not its not famous because it cannot be detected in Search engine ...

All my punbb install have been detected by search engine, no need for .htm url to do that, just get content ...
And as Elbekko said, URL rewriting is already part of 1.3

Re: Isnt its time for Punbb to be more SEO Friendly

eh, what? No offense, but this post sounds to me like you just heard someone talk about SEO and are trying to show off. wink

1. I've never seen any PunBB forum have trouble getting indexed (and indexed well).
2. Search engine optimization is not just about your URLs: in fact, they're not even a major piece
3. Search engine optimization does not mean adding .htm or .html to the end of your URL

As Bekko said, 1.3 will natively support SEF (search engine friendly) URLs. That simply means that PunBB will support URLs that aren't simply filename.php?querystring=something. Not all that important, in my opinion wink

As Matt said, content is king. You can certainly have a site that for various reasons is hard for search engines to index. PunBB is not such a site.

http://fluxbb.org

Free PunBB Hosting - lots of mods, easy to customize

Re: Isnt its time for Punbb to be more SEO Friendly

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Unfort … GB258GB259

and

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Live+C … GB258GB259


i think that is case closed... the slogon gets 31,400  hits, yet you say its not famous

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

7

Re: Isnt its time for Punbb to be more SEO Friendly

And we have the usual misuse of the term SEO. The most any forum or infact any application that relies on user contributed content can hope for is SEF. To achieve SEO you would have to edit every single topic and post to ensure the content fitted the statistical analysis of search results in the content area you were trying to optomise for.

Re: Isnt its time for Punbb to be more SEO Friendly

i mean ... i saw feature in 1.3 ... but its still isent have .html ....

and also if u think that .html have nothing to do with thne you most certainly wrong .. .

ttp://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Unfort ? GB258GB259
and
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Live+C ? GB258GB259

i think that is case closed... the slogon gets 31,400  hits, yet you say its not famous

putting a whole name of some ones site will difinitly show in search engines ....
why dont you try live cricket...

for example ... why dont you write a forum script ... punbb site will be way far from the 5 or 10 pages but when u write punbb .. it will be the first in the search, people dont know punbb word ...

eh, what? No offense, but this post sounds to me like you just heard someone talk about SEO and are trying to show off.

1. I've never seen any PunBB forum have trouble getting indexed (and indexed well).
2. Search engine optimization is not just about your URLs: in fact, they're not even a major piece
3. Search engine optimization does not mean adding .htm or .html to the end of your URL

i realy dont have time to show of ... but seo has too many things to do with .html ...

as i mentioned ... its not only .html there are other things that you dont know ... check the www.vbseo.com ... you will know what i mean

oh another thing in 1.3 version

when it is released ... what will happed to all the mods here ... almost most of them will not work ... so u need to start over ... a seo friendly urls will never be in 1.2.xx version in most of the punbb users use ...

here is a vbseo site that makes vb more seo .. if any one wants a source files of that to make a mod for punbb 1.2.xx  then i will give you it ... just reply here if any one is intrested ... as i said its not only .html

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

Re: Isnt its time for Punbb to be more SEO Friendly

I was going to actually reply to this post... But I think this sums it up.

Smartys wrote:

eh, what? No offense, but this post sounds to me like you just heard someone talk about SEO and are trying to show off. wink

Re: Isnt its time for Punbb to be more SEO Friendly

SuperMAG wrote:

as i said its not only .html

In fact, it's not at all adding .html to any URL, since that extenstion is irrelevant and absolutely, totally, not helpful with Google & co.

11 (edited by Smartys 2008-01-26 13:49)

Re: Isnt its time for Punbb to be more SEO Friendly

[removed: unless you can convince me you have the right to freely redistribute a copy of $150 software, I don't want to see this post again]

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

Re: Isnt its time for Punbb to be more SEO Friendly

http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/show … hp?t=42966
And those are people's opinions on the effectiveness of VBSEO.

You would be better served by talking about what features you think PunBB lacks rather than by pointing us at another site and saying "oh, look at that"

http://fluxbb.org

Free PunBB Hosting - lots of mods, easy to customize

13

Re: Isnt its time for Punbb to be more SEO Friendly

SuperMAG wrote:

putting a whole name of some ones site will difinitly show in search engines ....
why dont you try live cricket...

so

1,640,000 for live cricket you look at them links... the first page is moslty bbc, second page you start getting other sites...

www.livesportontv.com/sportindex.php?id=4  ... www.cricket365.com/0,18276,,00.html ... sport.guardian.co.uk/cricket/overbyover/story/0,,2224526,00.html

but you have said "and also if u think that .html have nothing to do with thne you most certainly wrong .. ."

Yes the links above are html. but a search engine dont order resutls on their language..

and relating this to your site, you havnt got any good content worth being on the first 10 pages....

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

Re: Isnt its time for Punbb to be more SEO Friendly

matt1298 wrote:
SuperMAG wrote:

putting a whole name of some ones site will difinitly show in search engines ....
why dont you try live cricket...

so

1,640,000 for live cricket you look at them links... the first page is moslty bbc, second page you start getting other sites...

www.livesportontv.com/sportindex.php?id=4  ... www.cricket365.com/0,18276,,00.html ... sport.guardian.co.uk/cricket/overbyover/story/0,,2224526,00.html

but you have said "and also if u think that .html have nothing to do with thne you most certainly wrong .. ."

Yes the links above are html. but a search engine dont order resutls on their language..

and relating this to your site, you havnt got any good content worth being on the first 10 pages....

Well, that and the fact that the site has close to no backlinks, and a lot of the content previously indexed has been deleted and moved.
And yes, adding .html to the end of your URL does nothing.

http://fluxbb.org

Free PunBB Hosting - lots of mods, easy to customize

15 (edited by SuperMAG 2008-01-26 14:44)

Re: Isnt its time for Punbb to be more SEO Friendly

http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/show ? hp?t=42966
And those are people's opinions on the effectiveness of VBSEO.

you brought a topic on people who are just site makers not coders on million other topics ...

if you still dont beleave that it has nothing to do with it then fine its not my problem but let some one else make a punbb mod for this so others can make it faster to search engines ...  i am not saying that punbb laks some thing ... its that the things that punbb lacs can be added to it ...  and i dont understand why you guys are so offensive about this ...

if any one still intersted in making a mod of it then contract me i will provide files .. otherwise there is no way this disscusssion will end ...

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

16

Re: Isnt its time for Punbb to be more SEO Friendly

SuperMAG wrote:

if you still dont beleave that it has nothing to do with it then fine its not my problem

Glad to know you won't be offended by my ignoring this drivel then. smile


SuperMAG wrote:

but let some one else make a punbb mod for this so others can make it faster to search engines ...

You're obviously as good at using the search function on here as you are anywhere else.

17

Re: Isnt its time for Punbb to be more SEO Friendly

I say heck with it all lets all format c: and start over...

p.s.
i cant leave out the linux guru's either..

umount /data
newfs /dev/rdsk/ur drive

Q

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

Re: Isnt its time for Punbb to be more SEO Friendly

quaker wrote:

I say heck with it all lets all format c: and start over...

p.s.
i cant leave out the linux guru's either..

umount /data
newfs /dev/rdsk/ur drive

Q

ehhh what did u said ... didnt understand a word

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

Re: Isnt its time for Punbb to be more SEO Friendly

SuperMAG wrote:

if you still dont beleave that it has nothing to do with it then fine its not my problem but let some one else make a punbb mod for this

No one is stopping you.

roll

Re: Isnt its time for Punbb to be more SEO Friendly

Jérémie wrote:
SuperMAG wrote:

if you still dont beleave that it has nothing to do with it then fine its not my problem but let some one else make a punbb mod for this

No one is stopping you.

roll

well thats the problem .. i am no moder or i am a newbia

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

Re: Isnt its time for Punbb to be more SEO Friendly

All you need is the knowledge, and it seems you have it all.

Re: Isnt its time for Punbb to be more SEO Friendly

i realy dont understand php ...

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

23

Re: Isnt its time for Punbb to be more SEO Friendly

Search. There is at least one mod already in existence.

Re: Isnt its time for Punbb to be more SEO Friendly

realy ...

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

Re: Isnt its time for Punbb to be more SEO Friendly

i found tow mods like punwrite and punoogle which is nowhere to find .. but vbseo has way too much features ... it would be better or clever idea to use that features here too ...

still if any one is intested in making a mod then i am ready to give files

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!