Topic: how to change the Guest (db) ID from 1 to 0?

Dear all,

we have an existing user DB which I would like to move or copy the entries to the forum user table (forum_users). The problem we have is that we have no "Guest" in our existing db. The id 1 is taken by one of our users.

However, to make a long story short: I need to change the guest id to "0" where can I find the php variable that sets the guest db id to 1. and can I simply change that to 0?

Many thanks,
Michael

Re: how to change the Guest (db) ID from 1 to 0?

just in the install.php script ...

There is no PHP variable, the assumption of 1=Guest is used in various places in the code.
foxmask: Just changing the ID in the database does nothing but break the forum.
You would probably find it easier to assign your user a new ID wink

Smartys wrote:

There is no PHP variable, the assumption of 1=Guest is used in various places in the code.
foxmask: Just changing the ID in the database does nothing but break the forum.
You would probably find it easier to assign your user a new ID wink

Well, it took me a while but I followed your suggestion. Thanks a lot and now it works how it was supposed to do smile

However, we don't need the punBB "Profile". Is there an option to link that topic to our existing profile page in the header?

Thanks,
Michael

Delete profile.php, replace all references to it with references to your page?

Well, ok but where do I change the refs?

In the files where they exist...? I'm not sure what you mean

Smartys wrote:

In the files where they exist...? I'm not sure what you mean

That's what I mean smile

Is there a template for the header somewhere or do I have to look up all files? I think it's an include but I have no idea where to look first.

No, there are no templates in the sense you're thinking of. If you're talking about just replacing the link in the navlinks, that's include/functions.php, in the generate_navlinks function. If you're talking about replacing the link elsewhere (eg: viewtopic.php), that's within those files most likely.

Great, thanks. That tip made my day smile
Michael