Topic: Do not remember me feature for public users

I thought I saw a post on this once but can't for the life of me find it.

I would like a "do not remember me" feature for public users who use internet cafes, librarys, schools, etc.

This would be a checkbox on the login page that says "This is a public computer, do not remember my password" - so users that have their account settings to "remember me" can check this and it does not remember them (either changes their account remember me setting or does not set the "remember me cookie" for this session.

Any ideas? Has someone already one this?

Re: Do not remember me feature for public users

Wow - nobody interested in this feature?

just logout
usually the userdata is reset in internet cafes and other public places anyways ...

FluxBB - v1.4.8

You can't expect all users to logout - by nature most people do not.  By default people expect to be timed out when they close a browser. Of course it's a users problem if they don't logout but it's our job as site owners to make that step easier by giving them this option when they log in.

There are many cases where userdata is not reset - including offices, school and universities.

I guess the only solution I can think of is a checkbox on the login page that does the exact same thing as the "save password" on the profile/privacy page.

I was just hoping someone had already done this to save me time smile

Moved to feature requests

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Isn't there a checkbox that says "Remember me".
Wouldn't it be enought to just uncheck that?

FluxBB - v1.4.8

Not on the login page - it's only on the profile/privacy page right?

yes, and when you register also. so basicly they can check it then...

FluxBB - v1.4.8

I'll do this myself smile   I know they're on those pages - that defeats the purpose of this whole thread.  You've seen "I'm on a public computer" and "forget me" checkboxes on login pages all across the net right? There's a reason websites keep using this feature wink

mixart wrote:

You've seen "I'm on a public computer" and "forget me" checkboxes on login pages all across the net right? There's a reason websites keep using this feature wink

Erm, no. I've never seen that once that I can recall, in all honesty. I've seen remember me checkboxes, but never forget me checkboxes.

11 (edited by mixart 2008-02-13 16:45)

haha smile It's the same thing just a different way of using text to do the same thing.

forget me checked would do the same thing as remember me unchecked or vice versa.

[ ] forget me = [x] remember me
or
[x] forget me = [ ] remember me 

OK just to prevent confusiong...

I want a remember me checkbox on the login page. I will change the text myself and make it unchecked roll

or just read this thread:
http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=13810

mixart wrote:

I thought I saw a post on this once but can't for the life of me find it.

I would like a "do not remember me" feature for public users who use internet cafes, librarys, schools, etc.

This would be a checkbox on the login page that says "This is a public computer, do not remember my password" - so users that have their account settings to "remember me" can check this and it does not remember them (either changes their account remember me setting or does not set the "remember me cookie" for this session.

Any ideas? Has someone already one this?

i highly agree with you. i was planning to open thread of such things. but found it already opened. thanks

in my forum, i often get complains from users that they have used the forum in public computer and later forgot to logout. so they are signed in there for a long time. most probably, password changing does not solve it.

so, i strongly request to implement either Remember Me (then setting privacy options is not needed) / Don't Remember me while login. Later one may be an easier solution.

thanks