1 (edited by intedinmamma 2008-02-12 14:50)

Topic: [Extension release] Publish topics to frontpage

Allows Admins and moderators to publish topics to the front page. Also adds RSS/Atom feeds for published topics. Publish by clicking the "Publish" link next to sticky/close topic after installing the extension. Install by putting manifest.xml in a folder named "publish_topics" in the extensions folder.

Download here, demo here.

For 1.0:
Permission for publishing, so not every moderator can publish (if wanted)
Make the topic listing on the front page prettier (idea's welcome!)
Turn the hard coded number of topics on the frontpage (which is 3) into a setting
Maybe an archive for older published topics?
Better support for URL rewriting

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention that I'm not sure about how to handle translatable strings and the url rewriting. Is there anything decided yet?

Edit again: It now supports installations with a table prefix. The old file has been replaced, and can be found via the link above.

2 (edited by StevenBullen 2008-02-11 21:24)

Re: [Extension release] Publish topics to frontpage

When I install it only shows me one forum. You can check it out at http://pundemo.org
No other mods installed that can mess with it so thought I would let you no.

StevenBullen wrote:

When I install it only shows me one forum. You can check it out at http://pundemo.org
No other mods installed that can mess with it so thought I would let you no.

Dämmn, must be related to that I haven't tested with SVN, just the Beta release.

I am not able to install because it is not detecting the table's prefix.

5 (edited by intedinmamma 2008-02-12 14:33)

qubertman wrote:

I am not able to install because it is not detecting the table's prefix.

And that's because I thought that $db->add_field() did that automagically. Update is on the way. smile

intedinmamma wrote:

And that's beacause I thought that $db->add_field() did that automagically. Update is on the way. smile

I considered doing that, but decided not to so that the functions can be used with other tables as well.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:
intedinmamma wrote:

And that's beacause I thought that $db->add_field() did that automagically. Update is on the way. smile

I considered doing that, but decided not to so that the functions can be used with other tables as well.

I was just about to start whining about it, until I came to the same conclusion.