Topic: General questions about PunBB. (How to upgrade to 1.3 etc)

Hi all.

First, Im not that good with english.

My site, with 900 active members ATM is using phpBB forum. But I want to switch over to PunBB cause it is easy for me to intergrate the forum part with rest of the website (and other features I have created with PHP).

I have currently PunBB 1.2.16 installed (on a test server) and I am heavingly modding it to fit all the features from my currently running phpBB site. When Im done modding, I will switch completely over to punBB on my site.

But Im confused now. When 1.3 launches, will it be possible to manually upgrade from 1.2.xx to 1.3 and still keep every mod installed etc?
Or is it nescassery to do a clean install of 1.3? Then all my hard work will go lost then sad

And also, I see that there is a update to 1.2 (1.2.17). How do I update manually? Not overwriting any files, but manually editing files (adding, removing and replacing lines)? I can't find that file that explains what - and where the changes are in the php files.

Hope that somebody can help me.

Best regards
SLK

Re: General questions about PunBB. (How to upgrade to 1.3 etc)

You will be able to preserve your data (posts, users, etc), but not your modifications to PunBB - they will all be lost.

To update by manually editing files, check out the link labeled "hdiff" on the downloads page.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

sad So to upgrade to 1.3 I have to overwrite all files?

Thank you for your answer.

Yes If you are using 1.2.16, If you are using 1.3 you can do the hdiff.

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

All the modifications to the database will be kept though wink