Topic: Update extension?

If I install extension which will have something to do with database, how i can update this extension? As i cannot simply delete and reinstall, as it will also delete data. Thanks!

Re: Update extension?

In the install code, you can check if the tables already exist and do a database upgrade if necessary. Then just boost the version number and you can upgrade it from the extension installation page.

i maded a topic about that not too long ago .... there is an extension for that called refresh hooks ...

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

SuperMAG: Not the same thing at all. He's talking about upgrading extensions when a new version comes out, not about rapidly refreshing hooks for development purposes.

here: http://punbb.informer.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=18894

its almost same ... he is asking how to update extensions which have db tables or quries ...

but does that mean that refresh hooks does not update tables etc when extension is upgraded

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

Yep, it is only for extension developers if they added something new in there extension(manifest.xml) that was not there before.

i got the idea how to upgrade the extension, it's really fantastic one. but i think it would be better to use the button with caption "Upgrade" rather than "Install", i think it's possible to do it.