Topic: Subscribe to all posts.

Hi all,

Having searched the forum and not being able to find a positive answer ( although I've found some negative ones sad ) I would like to ask you:

Is there "any way" that the Administrator(s) / Moderator(s) of a PunBB board be *automatically* subscribed for notifications for all new threads/posts done in the board? Something similar to what other boards (like SMF) have.

By "any way" I mean either a mod or an easy PHP way to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Subscribe to all posts.

tdelenik wrote:

By "any way" I mean either a mod or an easy PHP way to do it.

I have a work-around I use that has done the job for me, but it is neither a mod nor PHP...  It is just using existing features in an unothodox way with a email features outside of PunBB.

If you want a mod or PHP, I don't want to take the time to explain, but would be willing to if anyone wants to know...  RICK

Re: Subscribe to all posts.

Search for "Subscribe Forum".  It's a MOD that allows users to subscribe to a forum so even new topics are reported.  So Admin or Moderator just subscribe to all forums that are created and that's it.  I've tried it in 1.2.17 and know it works wonders. 

It even has language MODS that you can use as base to translate into your own language (for the email templates for Forum email alerts.).  Truth be told, I am having problems with Japanese language email alerts due to font compatibility of Japanese email clients - particularly Outlook Express, but that is another problem.

The built-in Subscribe Topic is very limited since it is impossible to subscribe to future topics... and you can't be looking at the forums all the time for new topic to subscribe to. You can't subscribe to a topic that doesn't yet excist.  This Subscribe Forum MOD is the only way to go, I think.