Topic: Extensions on the forum

If you still going by "a simple layout and design." I think the extra extensions are making the punbb forum look unprofessional.

Karma? Who needs karma on a software site, phpbb, SMF and all sorts don't have it... Yes positive karma could help if someone does a good bit of support and stuff but negative karma? you don't want that on a friendly community site! And if you knew who gave you negative karma you would do is negative-karma that user back resulting in cyclical karma giving.

If you install loads of extensions then your have to put them in the punbb package otherwise it gives the impression they are default features, then again your moving away from "simple layout and design"

Then the BB codes on the forum, you don't need all of them for a simple forum, personally you don't need the '...' ones.

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

Re: Extensions on the forum

matt1298 wrote:

If you still going by "a simple layout and design." I think the extra extensions are making the punbb forum look unprofessional.

Karma? Who needs karma on a software site, phpbb, SMF and all sorts don't have it... Yes positive karma could help if someone does a good bit of support and stuff but negative karma? you don't want that on a friendly community site! And if you knew who gave you negative karma you would do is negative-karma that user back resulting in cyclical karma giving.

If you install loads of extensions then your have to put them in the punbb package otherwise it gives the impression they are default features, then again your moving away from "simple layout and design"

Then the BB codes on the forum, you don't need all of them for a simple forum, personally you don't need the '...' ones.

I disagree with you on the bbcodes. This should be default on any forum or cms site. After all, this is a site that users would be posting tons of code. What's the harm in making life easier for others instead of having to type the bbocde in manually all the time. This is one of the things that really irritated me while using punBB and I have mentioned it in the past. The administrator should have the ability to turn on the most used bbcodes. For example, this site should only provide code, php code and quote. nothing more.

I really, really hope that FluxBB incorporates this into their final release. It just makes sense. As dumb as this may sound. I would actually switch to punBB just to use this feature, unless someone comes up with an extension for this in FluxBB. hmm

btw: They may want to add a class to the buttons which will result in smaller buttons, sorta blend it into the theme.

Bingiman

All the extra buttons and smileys arnt needed here. I will rather type = than get rid of the ... in the extra useless buttons.

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

there are two lines of reading,

Reading this topic now ( Guests: 0 | Registered users: 1 ) : I-MAN

Replying this topic now ( Guests: 0 | Registered users: 0 )