Topic: Attachments Mod - permission & access problems

I added the Attachments Mod several months ago and it had been working fine...  until VividHosting (the hosting company) migrated everything to a new facility and equipment. It appeared that everything was fine until I discovered the issues described below.

Here is a description of the messages I am now getting and the pertinent settings:

Although a link to a prior attachment is still visible, trying to access it gives me the following error message:

Warning: fopen(/home/preginf/public_html/prc_attachments/b0ff58077fca5dbc638d15df75082722/b110e399b0024e94e273fb8a16122cb6.attach) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/preginf/public_html/prcontario/forum/attachment.php on line 95

When trying to add a new attachment (a very small file), I get this message:

Error: Unable to move file from: /tmp/phpDpDR22 to /home/preginf/public_html/prc_attachments/b0ff58077fca5dbc638d15df75082722/26926a0ecdbba7e779dafe18d5397152.attach.

Permission settings for these folders are:
/prc_attachments = 777
/b0ff58077fca5dbc638d15df75082722 =750

The PHP settings that Frank H refers to in his documentation for the mod are
10M for upload_max_filesize,
8M for post_max_size, and
100M for memory_limit.

I realize the post max should be greater than the upload max, but don't think this would give me the above errors. I'm signed in as administrator and using very small file sizes.

Is there a setting change I need to work with the host to fix?

Or is there something in the Attachments Mod I need to change?

Thanks!  RICK

Re: Attachments Mod - permission & access problems

I worked (and worked) with the hosting company and they fixed it...

"The issues were related to wrong file permissions and we have corrected the file permissions to resolve the issues."

The only other thing was that the DEBUG MODE was enabled somehow...  (see Sticky )

I disabled it so am happy as a clam.