1 (edited by volomike 2008-09-17 17:53)

Topic: I Have A Working TinyMCE Modification for Rich Editing

I have a working TinyMCE modification for rich editing, and have customized TinyMCE a little as well to get rid of some quirks that come up with BBCode <--> HTML through PunBB and TinyMCE.

When you go to post a new topic, or reply to one, or edit an existing one -- it's all working properly. I am providing support currently for quotes, bolding, italics, hyperlinks, bullets, and remove formatting, although someone could easily take this further and add the images button, font colorizing, and code. (I didn't need the images, font colorization, and code, so I didn't install that into the toolbar and didn't test it -- but it probably will still work.)

I made the mod to PunBB 1.3 RC.

I can run diffs on things and tell you how I did it. Can anyone take over this mod or show me how to bundle it as an extension?

EDIT: I just ran a diff and I provide the file for download: hack_tinymce.1.1.tar.gz.

Re: I Have A Working TinyMCE Modification for Rich Editing

You can look pun_bbcode as an example of extension. Our documentation about extension development isn't ready yet. But extension system of PunBB is compatible with ext. system FluxBB, so you can see this article by FluxBB team. And we advice you not to name extensions with "pun_", because we use this prefix for our official extensions.

Woops! Didn't know that about the pun_ thing. I'll change that in a few minutes. I'll make it ext_ instead and repost the link.

4 (edited by volomike 2008-09-17 17:56)

Slavok wrote:

You can look pun_bbcode as an example of extension. Our documentation about extension development isn't ready yet. But extension system of PunBB is compatible with ext. system FluxBB, so you can see this article by FluxBB team. And we advice you not to name extensions with "pun_", because we use this prefix for our official extensions.

I wish had the time to make it into an extension. I did look over the extension doc and it looks possible for me, given I had the time. I loved how the hooks are implemented -- neat idea.

For now, it's just a hack. In fact, I renamed it from pun_ to hack_ to comply with your naming standard. EDIT: And I renamed the link at the top of this thread.

Well, back to my project deadlines...hope you all enjoy the hack...

If anyone wants to fork this hack into an official extension for FluxBB and PunBB, please be my guest.