1 (edited by 02cspearson 2008-09-26 23:19)

Topic: How to remove my acocunt

Hi. I have no need to use PunBB anymore and would like to remove my account from this website. Can anyone help me how to do this? Thank you.

Also no idea how to fix the spelling error on subject.

2 (edited by frolicz 2008-11-11 12:37)

Re: How to remove my acocunt

I don't know how to remove your account, and I actually noticed that. Because some of the forum can remove your account if you want, but I don't know why this website don't have that.

02cspearson wrote:

Hi. I have no need to use PunBB anymore and would like to remove my account from this website. Can anyone help me how to do this? Thank you.

Also no idea how to fix the spelling error on subject.

1. Ask admin :-)
2. You are right. I've added the freature request.

Carpe diem

Not sure about this idea... removing the user from the forum database might cause referential integrity issues - maybe better to have a column to mark a user as deleted but not actually delete the record if any posts by that user exist.

Either that or all instances of that user's id will need to be replaced by either the guest id or a new 'deleted user' account will need to exist to replace the proper poster's details etc.

well they can make a feature, just like reports in the admin area, if any one want to remove his account, he request it through his profile, and admin will check the new reports. its a very good idea.

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

I suggest a better option to retain data integrity would simply be to provide users with a "remove all personal information from my account, then lock it" option.

Thus, all personal information from the user's account (email, password etc) can be removed, but the username remains for future reference in the database.