Re: Attachment extension

Rich wrote:

Hmm, I cant attach a 11 MB big MP3 file... it just goes blank and back to post reply page...

it works here, but i have to save post first, and then edit.

b

Slavok wrote:

You can download it from SVN.

i tried that with tortoise svn client, but it keeps asking me for some sort of password.
Than i manually downloaded all files ...

so i still don't know if i have the right version smile

but now the extension works if i save post first, if not, then i see this error msg:

The error occurred on line 157 in /XXXXXXXXXX/forum/extensions/pun_attachment/include/attach_func.php
Database reported: ERROR: syntax error at or near "," at character 109 .

b

you can download this extension also from here:
http://www.keydogbb.info/dhtml/keydog-1 … angmod.php
there you can find all the extensions for 1.3

Bug
Delete any thread while there is a table prefix set:

The error occurred on line 333 in …/pun_attachment/include/attach_func.php
Database reported: Table 'site_db.posts' doesn't exist (Errno: 1146).

Feature Requests

• Add hooks inside the extensions so it were possible to enhance this extension for one's own needs.

• Add a checkbox in the admin panel to forbid guests to attach files.

• Add a checkbox in the admin panel to make images larger than given dimensions be shown as thumbnails.

• Add a possibility to embed images (or their thumbnails, depending on their size) into posts with BBCode, e. g. [file]image.gif[/file]

80 (edited by codeholic 2009-06-25 08:11)

codeholic wrote:

Bug
Delete any thread while there is a table prefix set:

The error occurred on line 333 in …/pun_attachment/include/attach_func.php
Database reported: Table 'site_db.posts' doesn't exist (Errno: 1146).

Sent a patch to Slavok's e-mail.

I don't know the case.

The error occurred on line 157 in E:\qzstudio\phsite\extensions\pun_attachment\include\attach_func.php

Database reported: Field 'owner_id' doesn't have a default value (Errno: 1364).

In Version v1.0a.1 all bigger pictures will be scaled down to the size of the forum. I want to see straight all pictures, not a downloadlink, so i setup the max height and width under the main options from pun_attachment !! I installed now a newer version 1.0b (1202) and in that the pictures will not scaled ?!?! The problem with displaying bigger pictures when editing or answering is now fine, but no scaling. Is there an setting to switch that on, or is there an error in the newer versions ? Hope you can help me because i need that feature.

Thanks !

Tryed and installed the latest version (1216) but where are the field and buttons for adding a file ? These are not displayed when writing an post ? Is there a hint or must i activate somewhere it ?

demo-world wrote:

Tryed and installed the latest version (1216) but where are the field and buttons for adding a file ? These are not displayed when writing an post ? Is there a hint or must i activate somewhere it ?

This happens because of default administrator permissions in the DB. Today or tomorrow I will commit changes in the extension to SVN, and forum administrators and moderators will be allowed to add an unlimited number of attachments to posts.

85 (edited by demo-world 2009-07-06 20:16)

Thanks for change it. I updated the script but i get now everytime an errormessage for each image i have added:

Warning: getimagesize(.//www/htdocs/w00a012d/forums/extensions/pun_attachment/attachments//cfa58d21eae8127dc6f434ea0f645707/bf62deefc48157a0a2e9bf396ae798f1.attach) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/htdocs/w00a012d/forums/extensions/pun_attachment/include/attach_func.php on line 235

Warning: getimagesize(.//www/htdocs/w00a012d/forums/extensions/pun_attachment/attachments/cfa58d21eae8127dc6f434ea0f645707/224a128e2057f71988a26d5b782d2b9f.attach) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/htdocs/w00a012d/forums/extensions/pun_attachment/include/attach_func.php on line 297

Bigger images than it setup (650x650px) will also be shown, scaled down, but they will be shown. Thought larger files will not be shown and you got only the imagelink for download.

Setting up Imagesize will not work. Equal what you setup, nothing happens and all pictures, larger or smaller are shown.

I am just wondering (again), when will be released the official version of this great extension... Slavok wrote on the end of april that only 2,5-3 weeks remain to the official release, and now we are almost in the middle of july...

demo-world wrote:

Thanks for change it. I updated the script but i get now everytime an errormessage for each image i have added:

Warning: getimagesize(.//www/htdocs/w00a012d/forums/extensions/pun_attachment/attachments//cfa58d21eae8127dc6f434ea0f645707/bf62deefc48157a0a2e9bf396ae798f1.attach) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/htdocs/w00a012d/forums/extensions/pun_attachment/include/attach_func.php on line 235

Warning: getimagesize(.//www/htdocs/w00a012d/forums/extensions/pun_attachment/attachments/cfa58d21eae8127dc6f434ea0f645707/224a128e2057f71988a26d5b782d2b9f.attach) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/htdocs/w00a012d/forums/extensions/pun_attachment/include/attach_func.php on line 297

s it a fresh install or upgrade from a previous version?
It seems this error appears, because of 'attach_basefolder' configuration value (it has an old value). In the current revision, 'attach_basefolder' is a relative path to the attachments directory.

demo-world wrote:

Bigger images than it setup (650x650px) will also be shown, scaled down, but they will be shown. Thought larger files will not be shown and you got only the imagelink for download.

Setting up Imagesize will not work. Equal what you setup, nothing happens and all pictures, larger or smaller are shown.

It works fine for me. Try latest revision of the extension.

jacofan wrote:

I am just wondering (again), when will be released the official version of this great extension... Slavok wrote on the end of april that only 2,5-3 weeks remain to the official release, and now we are almost in the middle of july...

Unfortunately, our employee, who developed pun_attachment, couldn't finish his work on extensions in april for many reasons. That's why pun_attachment was not released at that time. But now pun_attachment is almost ready for release. It will be very nice, if you help us to test it out.

88 (edited by demo-world 2009-07-14 05:12)

@Slovak,
you are right. I got the errors after updating. I did an fresh installation and now the errors are gone. I did have one thing !! I want to show all pictures up to 3000x3000px for example. In the Topic, everthings fine and the image will be displayed scaled, max with and height of the forum size. But when i edit my post, the picture will be shown full, not scaled. Can you please change it that also images will be shown scaled when editing an post ?

An other Question is i downloaded as admin an attached image but it only will be shown "file has never been downloaded". Will the downloads from an admin ignored or is there a bug in the counter ?

demo-world wrote:

Can you please change it that also images will be shown scaled when editing an post ?

Done in [1236].

demo-world wrote:

An other Question is i downloaded as admin an attached image but it only will be shown "file has never been downloaded". Will the downloads from an admin ignored or is there a bug in the counter ?

If a user tries to download a file he added by himself/herself, this download is not counted by the extension.

Thanks, i have installed the new version and will test it ! Again i must do an fresh install, updating does not work properly...

demo-world wrote:

Thanks, i have installed the new version and will test it ! Again i must do an fresh install, updating does not work properly...

Updating process will work properly, when the version number in manifest.xml is changed.

I understand, but for example from updating 1232 to 1236 there was no version number changed so i don't have a chance to update the script ?!

Install the extension pun_admin_manage_extensions_improved. And refresh hooks of pun_attachment.

Thanks for hint. Installed it and also updated the extension to the latest version. Everythings working fine. I'm testing and let you know if there i found any bugs.

Here the first release of the extension.

It works for me.
But really what I want is to be able to upload image file to the posting.

On the wiki, a feature requested as following:
Add a possibility to embed images (or their thumbnails, depending on their size) into posts with BBCode, e. g. [file]image.gif[/file]

I think this is what I want.

I am thinking to add another button behind the 'add file' button. Let's say 'insert image'. If the user click this button, the image file will be displayed directly instead of display its icon.

If someone help me, I could join this project.

What kind of help do you need?

98 (edited by wandy 2010-04-05 15:22)

why aren't image attachments not viewable by users who are not registered and logged in?

Is there anyway to enable this?
1. for SEO
2. for users who are not registered

Sorry, I found the solution... sorry for spamming ;( I should have RTFM

To add a functionality to the extension pun_attachment to display the image file directly:

Can some one design first? Then we can code it?

Should we start a brand new extension to allow user to insert image file into the posting directly
Or should we modify the pun_attachment extension to display the image file directly?
If we want to modify the current extension, we need add a button "insert image into the posting" or "dispay" and change the previous "add" button to "attach" . Now users have to understand that, to attach is to attach a file, to display is to display the image file in the post.

Please comment!