Topic: For how long is PunBB 1.2.x gonna be officially supported?

Since v1.3 is out now I guess there's no true need to keep 1.2.x up to date, yet I guess many administrators will take a while before they upgrade, so my questions are:

1. Will there be any hotfix, security patch or critical update for 1.2.x in the future (obviously when/if needed)?
2. Is there any deadline for 1.2 support on the official forums? i.e. for how long will the 1.2 section be kept open?

Re: For how long is PunBB 1.2.x gonna be officially supported?

1. Security updates will be released if necessary.
2. No any official plans to drop PunBB 1.2 support.

I think PunBB 1.2 will be supported while it is required by users. My estimation is about year.
PunBB 1.2 support is not too hard as it is very solid and a lot of information has been gathered in these Forums for years. Almost any question may be answered with a link to the topic :-)

Carpe diem

Anatoly wrote:

I think PunBB 1.2 will be supported while it is required by users. My estimation is about year.

I think that may be a tad of optimism on your part. smile What happens after that period? Will support be dropped after a year, if you deem it's no longer worthwhile?

Anatoly, how will you, (you meaning yourselves and your employers), decide when you deem it necessary to phase out 1.2* support?

I take it this means we should just go ahead and use version 1.3 and stop using 1.2?

1.2 support will not be stopping, Im planning on keeping support for 1.2 where I can. 1.3 is the way to go, however due to the lack of extensions some may not feel the need to upgrade.

There is no urgancy for you to upgrade, so its up to you if you wish to keep on using 1.2.*.

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

D9r wrote:

I take it this means we should just go ahead and use version1.3and stop using1.2?

If you want stability and quality, stick with 1.2*.