Topic: PunBB 1.3.1

PunBB 1.3.1 is released. Most significant 1.3 to 1.3.1 changes:

• XSS vulnerability via topic subjects in moderate.php is fixed (reported by PHPLizardo).

• Markup issues are fixed, language files are reviewed (thanks to PunBB translators).

• Both outdated and obscure notifications are modified.

Though all known critical bugs of PunBB 1.3 are solved with hotfixes, you can update your forum to 1.3.1.

Downloads: visit Downloads page for the 1.3.1 packages. Or get PunBB 1.3.1 from Subversion repository.

Re: PunBB 1.3.1

So, this update contains only the hotfixes?

And will there be an "updated files only package"? (like it was always done for 1.2.x)

3 (edited by User33 2008-11-26 19:35)

maststef wrote:

So, this update contains only the hotfixes?

Those are the most significant changes, but there are lots of other changes.

maststef wrote:

And will there be an "updated files only package"?

That would be great. I'm not very fond of "full reinstall".

and how can i upgrade 1.3 version to 1.3.1?

6 (edited by fantasma 2008-11-26 20:40)

burina wrote:

and how can i upgrade 1.3 version to 1.3.1?

overwrite all the old file and go to index.php, but first backup old file and DB.
Bye

didn't work hmm I had to put the old version back.

maststef wrote:

And will there be an "updated files only package"? (like it was always done for 1.2.x)

See the download archive.

Boar wrote:

didn't work  I had to put the old version back.

What exactly did not work? Any error messages?

parpalak wrote:
maststef wrote:

Boar wrote:

I don't remember exactly, but it had to do with updating the database. I did that, still no luck. It kept requesting the same thing.

Boar wrote:
parpalak wrote:
maststef wrote:

Boar wrote:

I don't remember exactly, but it had to do with updating the database. I did that, still no luck. It kept requesting the same thing.

Nevermind, it is updated now:D I setup the board to automatically check for updates and hotfixes.
Thank you for your time, cheers!

fantasma wrote:

overwrite all the old file and go to index.php, but first backup old file and DB.

Boar wrote:

There is a thing you should remember while upgrading. After owerwritting files verify that .../cache, .../img/avatars and .../extensions (for pun_repository) directories have enough write permissions (usually 777).

parpalak wrote:

There is a thing you should remember while upgrading. After owerwritting files verify that .../cache, .../img/avatars and .../extensions (for pun_repository) directories have enough write permissions (usually 777).

do we really have to give this permission (777) ? I updated my forum using ""updated files only package", and run the "database update" as requested. Everything worked fine while all the directories you mentioned above (except img/avatars) were in 755.

Should I change those directories' permission into 777 now? or I can just let it as is?

If i update the new hotfixes my i 1.3, will be to 1.3.1?

PunBB, the FluxBB of tomorrow - today!

grudon66 wrote:

If i update the new hotfixes my i 1.3, will be to 1.3.1?

You mean, if the hotfixes are already integrated? Yes, they are. And the old installed hotfixes will not be shown anymore (because they are now "hardcoded").

ganes wrote:

do we really have to give this permission (777)?

It depends on hosting settings. PHP should simply have writing access to these directories. If PHP runs in safe mode, one should usually give 777 permission. Otherwise, 755 is enough. Anyway, you should worry if something doesn't work (you can't upload avatars or obtain an error message like "cache is not writable").

Thanks for the update.
I could update my forum without any problems smile

SkyLine wrote:

Thanks for the update.
I could update my forum without any problems smile

You are welcome smile