Topic: [Request] Arcade

Is it possible?

Thanks.

Re: [Request] Arcade

By "Arcade", you mean ... an arbitrary list of games that can be played by forum members?  Some of them multiplayer?

It's possible, of course.  It's possible in very many ways; so you'll need to be more specific toward what type of arcade, and what games.

I think that the most accessible first step in this would be to find some existing online-game communities, and integrate some interaction with their gaming.  For instance, feed your username on GameSite-A into your forum profile, and our extension fetches your score data from GameSite-A, which would rank you inside the forum.  Next step would be fetching a list of games to play, then (the harder part) initiating games between forum members.

All of this depends upon what existing game community you integrate, or if you do that at all.

um yeah... I'm not actually smart when it comes to the technological stuff...

By arcade I mean like 1 player games..

umm... Like what SMF have to offer, if you use smfforfree.com, they offer 115 arcade games already, all 1 player and your score gets recorded and someone has to try beat it?

Right.  An extreme example would be GaiaOnline, which grew from mod/hacks of phpBB2.

Is this possible? I know it was for 1.2...

It is certainly possible for 1.3

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

Utchin wrote:

It is certainly possible for 1.3

Has anybody done it? tongue

Nope. Someone might though, Just have to wait and see what the community want to do.

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

I would love an arcade with a leaderboard showing registered member's scores.