Topic: Extensions by Rich Pedley

eSmiley extension for PunBB

This extension allows you to change the smiley set on the fly. Just upload extra sets to the imgs/smilies/ directory - each contained within their own sub directory. After the extension is installed you’ll be able to choose which set to use.

If you are using the pun_bbcode extension then you’ll need to check the readme included with this extension to make a small alteration. A similar change may be needed if you are using other smiley pickers as well.

my mind is on a permanent tangent
byUsers forum

Re: Extensions by Rich Pedley

BBCode Extended

Adds spoiler and strikethrough.

eKarma

Adds karma for users, including custom karma, based on code by Caleb Champlin

ePM Alternative

Creates an anonymous forum mailer - users get sent emails but reply via the forum.

eSmiley (updated)

Allows you to choose which smiley set to use. Smiley sets are not included.

eSpam

Restrictions for new users and guests. This also checks the bans list for guest posters. Based on anti-spam by El Bekko.

Forum Fixes and Images Beta

Correcting some minor forum code for css, and adding images. Includes CSS for a redesigned extensions page.

Gravatar

Adds a new profile section for users to link to their Gravatar.

Group Images

Adds images for user groups based on number of posts. Several images are included, but you can easily add more.

byUsers forum

thx a lot. ePm sounds particularly interesting to me personally.

4 (edited by mihalis 2009-01-09 02:54)

great stuff, thanks

5 (edited by mihalis 2009-01-09 05:58)

I've had to disable this because it's way too easy to exploit. Within minutes people were flooding the system..

The best way would be to do what's proposed below, or even better, make the adding/removing an anchor (#add, #remove)...i think that would prevent it

Should add a 1 karma per day flood limit.

I'll have a look at eKarma - I'll see if I can change the order of things to stop the multiple requests.

byUsers forum

Defo excited about the karma extension.
But yes the voting option should be changeable by admin please smile

after installing ekarma and viewing viewtopic.php I get this error:

An error was encountered

The error occurred on line 297 in /home/mark4321/public_html/forum/viewtopic.php

Database reported: Unknown column 'u.karmacustom' in 'field list' (Errno: 1054).

Also I have installed the ePM extension but can't see where to access the features.
Any clues?

@Rich - ePM :  Can I set the default subscription settings to be "ticked" when a user registers?

eKarma 0.3 released - I'd set a flag the wrong way, admins and mods can adjust karma whenever, members have to wait the specified time. But please check that this solves the previous errors, thanks.

byUsers forum

esupergood wrote:

after installing ekarma and viewing viewtopic.php I get this error

An error was encountered

The error occurred on line 297 in /home/mark4321/public_html/forum/viewtopic.php

Database reported: Unknown column 'u.karmacustom' in 'field list' (Errno: 1054).

hmm, are you using mysql?

byUsers forum

esupergood wrote:

Also I have installed the ePM extension but can't see where to access the features.
Any clues?

yep - there are none - none whatsoever smile

It utilises the existing 'Email' member form, changes the text associated with it and uses a new new template (included with the extension). The email sent out is 'From' the site admin address (which is used by all other email templates) and adds a reply to link to the body of the email that sends them to the email form on the site.

KeyDog wrote:

@Rich - ePM :  Can I set the default subscription settings to be "ticked" when a user registers?

see above - no configuration is necessary.

byUsers forum

Hi rich
The problem has fixed itself in the new version. Thanks smile

REQUEST:
Admin can manually type a karma figure in for a user. I often run competitions where the prize is 25 karma points. It would therefore be nice if I could just type the  new karma score in manually rather than clicking 25 times. Also, my 200+ users have karma scores written down from punbb 1.2. I want to reinstate their old karma scores but this would be very tough to do if I have to click vote up lots of times smile

Ok now I see what you want I should be able to code that in without too much hassle.

byUsers forum

@Rich : ok chrs. so if I wanted users to be default subscribe the topics started by them I'd have to set that in core somewhere. not extension. thx.

eKarma 0.4 released - you can now adjust the karma for a user. (on the profile settings page)

byUsers forum

KeyDog wrote:

@Rich : ok chrs. so if I wanted users to be default subscribe the topics started by them I'd have to set that in core somewhere. not extension. thx.

Oh now I see what you want. An extension would be better and it should be possible to do - but it isn't one I intend to develop.

byUsers forum

20 (edited by Rich Pedley 2009-01-09 12:35)

ekarma 0.5 released - I'd messed up the install routine (with knock on effect when upgrading) and php5 complained. Now working properly.

byUsers forum

General point:
Your karma extension creates 2 more lines of vertical space.
In 1.2 I managed to tweak the output of the karma mod so that it didn't use up any extra vertical lines.

The karma was places next to the post count like this:
Post 150 / Karma 22

And the "vote up" and "vote down" options were placed next to the quote/edit options. That way there is no extra vertical space created and therefore a neater design with less scrolling.

Any thoughts on that?

Here are my thoughts on vertical space in general with screengrabs:
http://punbb.informer.com/forums/topic/ … wtopicphp/

esupergood wrote:

General point
Your karma extension creates 2 more lines of vertical space.

Any thoughts on that?

I won't be changing it - but it could be changed by CSS
the following is an example, but would need work before being implemented:

.post-author ul li{
width:45%;
float:left;
padding:2px;
}

and specific to the karma section you could use:

.post-author ul li.userkarma, .post-author ul li.modkarma{
width:45%;
float:left;
}
.post-author ul li.modkarma{
padding-left:4px;
}

Which puts it all the karma onto one line.

byUsers forum

I need to hide the spoiler content, tell me how.. Thanks for the extensions, the ekarma worked fine.

sonofsinner wrote:

I need to hide the spoiler content, tell me how.. Thanks for the extensions, the ekarma worked fine.

The CSS file with the extension should be added to your stylesheets called for the relevant pages.

byUsers forum

I've just had to release 0.6 of eKarma - I'd missed something off the uninstall which caused a problem.

byUsers forum