Topic: HELP!!! Upgrading from 1.2 to 1.3

I downloaded the new version and read the instructions on how to upgrade, but it's all geek to me. I don't even know where to look to find the current forum directory much less how to back it up.

I really need help from someone willing to work for an hour or two with pay so that I can upgrade our community garden's board. If you have some know how and would be willing to do a little work like this for our non-profit (http://gardensproject.org), please reply with a way to reach you. I can be reached on pcw [at] paulwest.com.

Many thanks!
Paul

Re: HELP!!! Upgrading from 1.2 to 1.3

To upgrade your Punbb 1.2 forum to Punbb 1.3, you should follow these steps:

• Download the latest Punbb version from the downloads page.

• Upload all Punbb 1.3 files from the upload folder within the downloaded zip file.

• Run admin/db_update.php (e.g. open http://example.com/myforums/admin/db_update.php in your browser).

Make sure you have a back up of both your database and files.

If you still cannot do this, use the forum email to send me a message and I can do it for an agreed price.

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

Also remember to re-upload your users' avatars

And what about 1.2.* forums that contain modifications?

Can we upgrade to 1.3 as well without loosing, say, our calendar, PM feature, mark as read mod etc?

Since it's my understanding that there is no 1.2.21 to 1.3 hdiff this would mean that it cannot be done.. am I right? neutral

Vanslyde wrote:

And what about 1.2.* forums that contain modifications?

Can we upgrade to 1.3 as well without loosing, say, our calendar, PM feature, mark as read mod etc?

Since it's my understanding that there is no 1.2.21 to 1.3 hdiff this would mean that it cannot be done.. am I right?

All modifications will be lost and all changes to your style will be lost. Your style will need recreating from scratch.

Some of the old 1.2 modifications are now extensions for 1.3 but not all of them have been updated. Make sure all of the modifications you currently use on 1.2 are already available for 1.3 before upgrading, if they are a necessity for your board anyway (or unless you dont mind upgrading some yourself).