Topic: Subscription notification email is empty

Hi,

I just installed a 1.3 Test-Installation. While testing, I noticed that a topic subscription notification email is totally empty, no subject, no body (but sender adress).

The registration email works just fine.

Re: Subscription notification email is empty

What do you mean by "Test-Installation"? Have you installed it on your local machine?

Yes, I installed it on an XAMPP (Win XP) environment. I tested the e-mail settings of XAMPP thoroughly (and, as said, the registration email process and the email functionality in my other applications work).

I just wanted to make sure the Forum works as expected before putting it live.

I am using Denwer, and subscription notification is not empty for me. Notifications also work fine in our forum.

Hm, ok. Then I'll try it online and/or with another testing environment. I'll post the results. That might take one or two days.

Thanks for your help so far cool

Just installed PunBB on my online webspace; the notification emails work now.

Even though something's not right with the encoding, but that has something to to with the german language pack I installed. Content-type of the emails is text/plain; charset=utf-8, but the mail templates are saved as ANSI. I re-saved them with utf-8 encoding, now the umlauts are displayed correctly, too.

Thanks again, you may close this thread, if you want.