Download

This extension is installed on Polish PunBB forums

Development version: SVN or Trac

Re: [Release] Portal by Daris

nice work

3 (edited by Meteolab 2009-02-10 19:53)

Hi daris,

it seems that I'll mutate to one of your best betatesters tongue, because after activating you extension I got this error:

An error was encountered

The error occurred on line 32 in /var/www/vhosts/***/httpdocs/forum/extensions/portal_by_daris/panels/active_topics.php(74) : eval()'d code

Database reported: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND (fp.read_forum IS NULL OR fp.read_forum=1) ORDER BY f.disp_position' at line 1 (Errno: 1064).

Thanking you in anticipation,
Meteolab

Can you try newest release? (2.4.1, I updated link in first post). I forgot to change hook names for active topics panel wink

Hello Daris, yes!! Version 2.4.1 is the first one that is running with my PunBB!

Thank you and have goog night!

Meteolab

WOW, good.

But i why is it not a chatbox/Shoutbox in the portal?

PunBB, the FluxBB of tomorrow - today!

Hmm, This portal is very extensible, someone can create shoutbox panel. I'm not good in javascript wink

actually daris is right, stuff should be in separate extensions. like for example chat, there was a Ajax chat, which is be very easy to integrate.

And also daris has madded Custom pages as a part of portal, but i think that should be seperated from portal, since that is very valuable extension, most people will want to use it without portal.

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

9 (edited by Meteolab 2009-02-11 20:17)

There are two bugs I think:

1.) manually entered links in the main navigation of the forum doesn't work, if I click them then I'll come back to the portal site

2.) Panel "who is online" shows always zero users

Greets,
Meteolab

Meteolab wrote:

1.) manually entered links in the main navigation of the forum doesn't work, if I click them then I'll come back to the portal site

Can you show example of that link? It works for me.

Meteolab wrote:

2.) Panel "who is online" shows always zero users

Fixed in svn

daris wrote:

Can you show example of that link? It works for me.

Hi daris,

may be the link is not the problem but rather the file that is linked? Please have a look:

...?

Sorry but I still don't understand. Can you write an example, what are you doing and what happens?

You are adding for example

1 = <a href="file.php">fdsf</a>

to the main navigation links and what? It doesn't work?

13 (edited by Meteolab 2009-02-12 18:24)

2 = <a href="cams.php">Wettercams</a>

link to the file that is gzipped. Now you can inspect it, because in my last post the php-sourcecode was replaced by an admin I think, my code-embedding caused css- or php-problems ...

I have to go now, more later!

That was, because you added hook in_start, which name is reserved for index.php file.

New release 2.4.2 | Download

Changes:
- fixed not counted users and guests online in who is online panel
- protection for second in_start hook wink

15 (edited by Meteolab 2009-02-12 20:33)

daris wrote:

That was, because you added hook in_start, which name is reserved for index.php file.

Back again, thank you very much daris for the new release!

Sure, there is a superior way to integrate extern html- or php-files into forum, but I'm relative unexercised in programming with php, because of that sorry for my "stupid hacks" to adjust it to my own needs big_smile

Portal is now working fine and so far I can't see errors anymore.

Greets,
Meteolab

Hey this is a very nice extension, thank you very much daris!

I get the following error when I click "install extension"

An error was encountered

The error occurred on line 166 in /home/mark4321/public_html/forum/extensions/portal_by_daris/install.php

Database reported: Duplicate entry 'o_portal_news_forums' for key 1 (Errno: 1062).

This happened after I first tried install it I got some php error code. So I deleted the extension (using FTP) and then re-uploaded it and tried to install it again and got the above error code.

The extension is still in the list of extensions that have not been installed. This is version 2.4.2
Thanks for any help
SG

esupergood wrote:

This happened after I first tried install it I got some php error code.

First error message in this case will be more needed, second means that portal is already installed.

Try to uninstall extension using this link: http://path.to.your.forum/admin/extensi … l_by_daris

I got a "page not found" when I tried:
http://www.eroyton.co.uk/forum/admin/ex … ion=manage

My forum is installed to /forum/ directory.
The extension appears not to be installed because it is still listed at the top of the extensions page with the link "install extension"

Hmmm.! Any ideas?

20 (edited by daris 2009-02-13 16:53)

http://pun.fluxbb.pl/download_extension … nstall.zip
Extract and put portal_uninstall.php to punbb root directory on your server. Then execute it http://www.eroyton.co.uk/forum/portal_uninstall.php and remove that file.

I get this after installing

Notice: Undefined variable: id in /forum/extensions/portal_by_daris/panels/active_topics.php on line 165

punbb 1.3
portal 2.4.2

tnx

Fixed in svn, you can just otherwise portal_by_daris/panels/active_topics.php file by that file

works now..tnx

Ok, i don't get how to add static content in main menu. I can't seem to find where can i add each page content. The same as example page is made.

Tnx

25 (edited by daris 2009-02-13 22:47)

You should go to Administration -> Panels and then edit Main menu panel. You can put there html or php code, for example add:

<br /><a href="<?php echo forum_link($forum_url['page_id'], array(1, sef_friendly('Example page'))) ?>">Example page</a>

if you want to insert link to new page (change bold text, 1 = id for page, Example page = title)

If you want to add/edit pages, go to Administration -> Pages