Topic: [Request] Itemstats

I had Itemstats working (-ish roll) in v. 1.2.19, but I've had no luck in 1.3.

Is there a bright head out there that can make it work?

Re: [Request] Itemstats

Noone?

Maybe I should explain a bit more detailed what it does?

Its a BBcode that you put around an itemname like this [item]itemname[/item]. When you mouseover it, it will contact either wowhead.com, allakhazam.com or one of the other databases with WoW-items, get the data and make a tooltip with said item's stats.

I've been wanting to take a crack at writing extensions, this should be really easy to convert to an extension.  So, I'll give it a shot later today.

4 (edited by Imperial 2009-03-31 19:03)

Try this out.

I don't think it's 100% perfect, but it works.

5 (edited by Anders Bak 2009-04-01 16:38)

I really appreciate you giving it a try big_smile

Thank you very much cool

Imperial wrote:

Try this out.

I don't think it's 100% perfect, but it works.

Didnt really work for me sad

Got this error:

Notice: Use of undefined constant PUN_ROOT - assumed 'PUN_ROOT' in /home/anders/Offentligt/testforum/extensions/wow_itemstats/itemstats/config.php on line 2

Warning: include_once(../../../config.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/anders/Offentligt/testforum/extensions/wow_itemstats/itemstats/config.php on line 5

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '../../../config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home/anders/Offentligt/testforum/extensions/wow_itemstats/itemstats/config.php on line 5

I'll try and sort it a little later, think I know the problem.

Imperial wrote:

I'll try and sort it a little later, think I know the problem.

Sounds good smile Thank you

Hi, I've looked it over and think I've sorted out this issue.  Give it a shot:

wow_itemstats_0.0.2.zip

9 (edited by Anders Bak 2009-04-07 13:56)

Unfortunately I still get the same error:

Notice: Use of undefined constant PUN_ROOT - assumed 'PUN_ROOT' in /home/anders/Offentligt/testforum/extensions/wow_itemstats/itemstats/config.php on line 2

Warning: include_once(../../../config.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/anders/Offentligt/testforum/extensions/wow_itemstats/itemstats/config.php on line 5

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '../../../config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home/anders/Offentligt/testforum/extensions/wow_itemstats/itemstats/config.php on line 5

Powered by PunBB 1.3.2

Style:

Currently used extensions: pun_bbcode, pun_poll, pun_pm, pun_repository. Copyright © 2008 PunBB

[ Generated in 0.130 seconds, 6 queries executed ]

Maybe its better if you take a look for yourself
http://baktest.isa-geek.org/

Did you uninstall and reinstall? This is necessary before the new one will work.  If you overwrite wow_itemstats/itemstats/config.php with a blank file for now, you should be able to get into the extensions admin page to uninstall and reinstall it.

^^ No, You Cant hmm

12 (edited by Anders Bak 2009-04-09 07:16)

Imperial wrote:

Did you uninstall and reinstall? This is necessary before the new one will work.  If you overwrite wow_itemstats/itemstats/config.php with a blank file for now, you should be able to get into the extensions admin page to uninstall and reinstall it.

It was a copy of my "real" forum, that works fine. Im ofc using a copy of the database wink

Yeah, I didnt do that,
Should have tho.
Silly me for expecting this extension not to royally F**K UP EVERYTHING !!!

Out of every extension on this forum, this is the only one that broke everything so much that i had to rebuild my forum from a backup.

Switched On wrote:

Yeah, I didnt do that,
Should have tho.

Out of every extension on this forum, this is the only one that broke everything so much that i had to rebuild my forum from a backup.

You installed it on a live site?

MattF wrote:
Switched On wrote:

Yeah, I didnt do that,
Should have tho.

You installed it on a live site?

I think he might have done just that hmm

Well, you can always get rid of it by deleting the entries for the extension in the database and deleting the hooks_cache.php file, but the latest version I posted should work fine if you install it fresh.  It needs to go through the new install process to properly setup database stuff though or it's not going to work

Now I've tried a fresh install of punBB 1.3.2, with an empty database.

I still cant get it to work sad

if your test link from before is the new fresh install test, it hasn't gone through the install script for the item stats judging by the error.  Don't know what to tell you really.

I tried to do a chmod 0777 on the itemstats library before installing the extension

Its a clean installation of punBB 1.3.2. No other extensions installed. Only the 2 hotfixes.

Now i get the following error:

Notice: Use of undefined constant localhost - assumed 'localhost' in /home/anders/Offentligt/testforum/extensions/wow_itemstats/itemstats/config.php on line 6

Notice: Use of undefined constant testdb - assumed 'testdb' in /home/anders/Offentligt/testforum/extensions/wow_itemstats/itemstats/config.php on line 7

Notice: Use of undefined constant xxx - assumed 'xxx' in /home/anders/Offentligt/testforum/extensions/wow_itemstats/itemstats/config.php on line 8

Notice: Use of undefined constant yyy - assumed 'yyy' in /home/anders/Offentligt/testforum/extensions/wow_itemstats/itemstats/config.php on line 9

I have removed login data for my phpmyadmin ofc wink

I'm also getting the same error with 1.3.4. Any news of this?

Nope. I think this thread is dead sad

22 (edited by Raeli 2009-06-26 01:58)

The way I did it is as follows, I downloaded:

http://wowhead-tooltips.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

(More information is in this thread, it's created by the user Arador on there)
http://www.wowhead.com/?forums&topic=3464.3#p42456

This allows you to create <item>ITEM NAME</item> links in HTML which will be picked up by the java script, recoloured according to item quality and show a tooltip to match.

From that point on it is simply a case of creating a BBCode that swaps the <item> tags for [item]. You can find extensions on here that do that already, and simply modify them to your needs (that's what I did).

I have done all this myself and have it working fine on our guild's forum, however it's not release worthy, if you have any troubles though I'd be more than happy to assist (if I can).

Example created by "Arador"
http://www.ritsumei.org/wowhead/

I just saw your reply now sad

Ill try it out next week, i think.

Thank you very much big_smile

I had a look at it, and it says I should find this line:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php echo PUN_ROOT ?>style/<?php echo $pun_user['style'].'.css' ?>" />

in header.php, but its not there.

I made an extension that does this using those files specified here.   However, I was not able to get the javascript fully working for some reason if item names that have quotes or other weird characters the link wont work.

I should be able to figure out pretty soon.

It's also the first extension I make so no guarantees. However, its just 3 hooks so i doubt it will break anything smile

Let me know if any of you want to try it out.