1 (edited by miller 2009-03-29 21:40)

Topic: [extension request] PM email alert

Hello, Any ideas about (extended) PM extension for PunBB 1.3 ? Private Message system don't send email after message is delivered to PM box. Or mass PM feature for admins?

Re: [extension request] PM email alert

miller wrote:

Private Message system don't send email after message is delivered to PM box.

I think you should suggest this feature in this topic, this is a discussion of pun_pm extension.

miller wrote:

Or mass PM feature for admins?

Broadcast e-mail feature has already been added to extension requests.

I think PM should be an alternative way of message delivering. We've designed pun_pm this way. The current logic of extension functioning (for example, 'sent' status of messages) does not imply e-mail notifications. But forum still allows sending an e-mail.

Of course, e-mail notifications could be added in future versions, but it requires delivery logic modifications.

Hi there,

i would be glad if there would be an email notification about new pms. I got 3 pms in my inbox and didn´t have any info about it. I was called by phone after i didn´t answer the pms wink.

greetz

Ok, let's consider a situation. A user sends me a PM. I receive an e-mail notification. Then user changes his mind and cancels PM sending (pun_pm allows this). I go to forum and see no PM. I'm confused.

It should be noted again that the current logic of pun_pm does not imply e-mail notifications.

6 (edited by Kahmoon 2009-04-08 09:01)

i think most people didn´t have a clue that a sent pm could be deleted at all. What doesn´t make sense to me anyway. But no notice at all pm is quite useless when i get no info. May be there could be a hint in main navigation "pivate messages (1)" or anything like that.

greetz

There is a link "New messages" at the top of every page. When a user receives a PM it becomes "New messages (1)".

I've send you a PM for testing and you could see it.

Some of my users kept missing the PM alert link, not realising they had one. So I changed the text link to an animated GIF of a pigeon flapping its wings and then I set it to Marquee using html so that it flies across the screen when you have a new PM. Works well smile