Topic: PunBB 1.3.4

PunBB 1.3.4 has been released. The main change since 1.3.3 is the fix of the possible XSS vulnerability in profile.php on password and e-mail change (reported by Richard Sammet). As usual, the hotfix for older versions is released as well, which resolves the same security issue. If, for the reason of possible incompatibility of styles and extensions, you have not upgraded to 1.3.3 yet, you may also get along without upgrading to 1.3.4.

Downloads: get PunBB 1.3.4 on Downloads page or via Subversion repository.

Re: PunBB 1.3.4

so does 1.3.4 has a style and extension changes.

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

No.

ok thanks

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

5 (edited by Arimus 2009-05-21 11:34)

Is there a link to a full change log rather than having to pull it down and find out what's changed?

Also on PunBB 1.3.3 via the admin interface I can see the update - is there anyway to apply it via the interface or is it download/install manually only?

(Not an issue at all if it can only be done manually but curious as to whether there is an admin interface to pull down hotfixes etc - nothing shows on the manage hotfixes as being available)

You can use the download archive. For example, 1.3.3 to 1.3.4 changed files (zip) or hdiff 1.3.3 to 1.3.4 is there. Also one can browse the changes via trac.

The only way to update the forum from 1.3.x to 1.3.(x+1) is to upload new files manually (see the wiki installation page). Admin panel can only display an alert when a new version of forum is released.

Thanks for your idea big_smile

simulationcredit

Parpalak wrote:

The only way to update the forum from 1.3.x to 1.3.(x+1) is to upload new files manually (see the wiki installation page). Admin panel can only display an alert when a new version of forum is released.

Thanks smile Sorry bout delay in saying thanks but I'd forgot all about upgrading punbb till just now... too many different things going on wink

1.3.4 Are there Chinese language pack  ??

tanayi wrote:

1.3.4 Are there Chinese language pack  ??

Yes. You can download it here: http://punbb.informer.com/wiki/punbb13/language_packs

With SetCronJob.com you can create unlimited free cron jobs every 5 minutes :)

Hello, I wanted to ask, when a Lithuanian translation PunBB 1.3.4?

How stable is PunBB. I have a site that is using MYBB and it is driving me crazy. Would it be easy to migrate from MYBB to PunBB or should I simply switch to VB?

13 (edited by pepak 2009-07-12 20:36)

tonyuk wrote:

How stable is PunBB.

Never had a problem with PunBB's stability.

Would it be easy to migrate from MYBB to PunBB or should I simply switch to VB?

I don't know. It depends on how similar the boards are. I know that phpBB is very easy to migrate to PunBB, provided that you know enough MySQL. I believe there is no automatic tool to migrate your board to PunBB.

thx

Parpalak wrote:

PunBB 1.3.4 has been released. The main change since 1.3.3 is the fix of the possible XSS vulnerability in profile.php on password and e-mail change (reported by Richard Sammet). As usual, the hotfix for older versions is released as well, which resolves the same security issue. If, for the reason of possible incompatibility of styles and extensions, you have not upgraded to 1.3.3 yet, you may also get along without upgrading to 1.3.4.

Downloads: get PunBB 1.3.4 on Downloads page or via Subversion repository.

awesome.. thanks

16 (edited by spiffen 2009-07-18 15:21)

Hi.

I upgraded my forum files with the files found the 1.3.3 to 1.3.4 zip. The I ran the 'db_update.php' script which completed successfully. Now when I visit the index page I still get the "Your PunBB database is out-of-date and must be upgraded in order to continue. Please run db_update.php in order to complete the upgrade process." message and when going to 'db_update.php', it says that the DB already has been updated.

Any clues on why this happens or how to fix it?

EDIT: Managed to fix it. I had to clear the 'cache' directory. No everything works as it should again.

I've upgraded version 1.3.4 and I have to stay it's the most stable version so far. big_smile

This is great.. but I've heard that you are also releasing version 2.0 soon.. Is it true?

I need to get away from PHPBB. Is PUNBB better that VB? How does PUNBB compare to VB?

thank you so much for your informative post

simulation taux banque credit immobilier de France - Credit immobilier de France, simulation credit immobilier. Résultat mitigé pour le crédit immobilier de France.simulation taux banque credit immobilier de France

SuperMAG wrote:

so does 1.3.4 has a style and extension changes.

hi

I've upgraded as well, and it sure beats those Simple Machines forums I have been using to build my "little old lady" forums.
I do basic sites for various subjects, latest is a community forum for a resort near me. Very easy to do, but the forum software keeps letting me down.

This looks so much better, great job.

Ben_Sleuth wrote:

I need to get away from PHPBB. Is PUNBB better that VB? How does PUNBB compare to VB?

PunBB is way better than VB. It's more stable and easy to use. Never had any problems with it and they continuously update the version, finding bugs and fixing them. I recommend you switch.

Thanks to this post, I gather lots of information about upgrading my PunBB 1.2.21 into PunBB 1.3.4! Isn't this is awesome!

jimi

If you check out the download page it does not mention 1.3.4 only 1.3.3, you might want to fix that.