1 (edited by xzz0195 2009-05-28 21:12)

Topic: How to get the database set up? SQLEXPRESS 2005

I downloaded PunBB, and installed it into a new website using Microsoft Web Developer Express.
I set the startup page to be index.aspx.
I then created a new database using SQL Express 2005, and put that database into the APPData Folder.

When I compile and start the project everything runs fine.  I see the Install page and cannot get it to locate the Database.

I named the database Punbb, and it is attached to the SQL Express 2005 instance.  When I open the SQL manager I can see the database with no problem. 

But everytime I attempt to get the INDEX.ASPX page I get these errors:

Can not connect to DB.ERROR [28000] [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'xxxxxx'.
The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
ERROR [28000] [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'xxxxx'.
The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection

So why can I sign in with SQL manager but not the install.aspx page?

The database must have been created using a trusted connection which uses my Windows userid/password.

BTW I'm no expert at creating database's with proper authorities, I must have not created it correctly but don't know what to do.  Any help is much appreaciated.

Re: How to get the database set up? SQLEXPRESS 2005

Also, one other note, the install.aspx page has both a user/password and an admin/password field, why both?

The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

Change the Authentication Mode of the SQL server from "Windows Authentication Mode (Windows Authentication)"
to "Mixed Mode (Windows Authentication and SQL Server Authentication)".

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

I tried the suggestion above still getting similar error.  Question: Why is there a Data Base User Name/Password and an Admin Username/Password.  How do I set them in the newly created database?

Here's what I did, in the SQL manager, I changed the authentication to mixed mode and then restarted the SQL service.  Now I just get a "login" failed for user xxxxx.   Question 2: Why does the db have to be placed into the APPDATA folder?