1 (edited by Couto 2009-08-25 20:41)

Topic: [Request] Personalized User Rankings

I've been looking around the foruns but i couldn't find anything related to it.

Does anyone knows an extension for punBB 1.3.x that enables users with more than XX posts to personalize their rank?
Thanks smile

Re: [Request] Personalized User Rankings

You can write that extension yourself.
You need to process the moment when a message is added to the database, count the quantity - and if the quantity fits the one you specified (or this constant is specified in administrator's options), you add the desired rights or change user's rank, depending on the number of messages.

Kovalski wrote:

You can write that extension yourself.
You need to process the moment when a message is added to the database, count the quantity - and if the quantity fits the one you specified (or this constant is specified in administrator's options), you add the desired rights or change user's rank, depending on the number of messages.

yeah i could, but my experience with server side scripting is not that much...
but thanks anyway smile

Kovalski wrote:

...and if the quantity fits the one you specified (or this constant is specified in administrator's options), you add the desired rights...

I would love something like that, add some more rights configurations to the ranking, e.g. no signature or website in the profile with less than 50 posts, when url is submitted post has to be approved (it is not possible in the post approval extension to switch off registration approval or post approval only on certain conditions). To have that with the ranking would be really nice.

I am not able to write extensions so I am hoping for some bright programer feeling sorry for me wink

Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough.
Mark Twain