1 (edited by Allan Cartwright 2009-09-16 09:53)

Topic: Error

Greets everyone,

I am currently having problems on my PunBB 1.2.17 forum.

The problem is that my when a user selects "Forgot password" and types in their e-mail address to submit it the output error recieved is:

An error was encountered
Error: Unable to send e-mail. Please contact the forum administrator with the following error message reported by the SMTP server: "530 Authentication required ".

I have tried to google up some stuff but have had no luck.

I am using a domain at GoDaddy that is supposed to be sending the username-password to my the users that request the "forgot password".

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Many thanks

*EDIT* Ok I seem to have got it to work by leaving it blank so that it uses the local mail program but the problem is that it doesn't actually send a new password to the email address. It says that it has sent it but it hasn't:

An e-mail has been sent to the specified address with instructions on how to change your password. If it does not arrive you can contact the forum administrator at *****@*****.com.

Re: Error

No-one lol sad

What is your local mail program? Post settings of this program, please.

Slavok wrote:

What is your local mail program? Post settings of this program, please.

It says "leave blank for LOCAL mail program" so I don't exactly know them, unless you can tell me somewhere I can find them?

I was using this previously;

SMTP server address: smtp.nildram.co.uk:25

Username & Password was blank.

When I use that SMTP I get the following error:

Error: Unable to send e-mail. Please contact the forum administrator with the following error message reported by the SMTP server: "530 Authentication required ".

But when I leave it BLANK it says that it is using local program and I get this;

An e-mail has been sent to the specified address with instructions on how to change your password. If it does not arrive you can contact the forum administrator at ****@*******.com.

Go back

The problem is that it doesn't actually send the e-mail at all.

Many thanks

I really need to get this fixed because my forum is getting spammed like hell sad

Consult with your hoster with this problem.

Slavok wrote:

Consult with your hoster with this problem.

Nothing else that can help me?

8 (edited by cars 2009-10-22 11:55)

It's Big Problem..I have Solution.but it's Big File..mail me.....
if u have any Queries Contact me us  neutral Prashant_Rikhav@yahoo.com neutral