Topic: [Release] Save post as draft

Download here

(License : WTFPL)

This extension allows users to save a draft of their message when they can't post it right away. Very useful for the careful writers and wordsmiths among your users smile

When a user has at least one draft pending, a "Drafts" link will appear in the header, next to the links for "New posts", "Active topics" etc. This link will open the list of drafts, where the user can delete a draft (only one at a time) or resume writing his message.

Technical speak : a new table will be created for drafts, so as not to pollute the posts table. When a user is replying to a topic, if he saves a draft, the draft is bound to the topic the user wanted to reply to. If the user was creating a new topic, the draft will be bound to the forum the user wanted to post in. Drafts are saved *AFTER* bbcode validation, so as to simplify their display.

English and French language support included.

Re: [Release] Save post as draft

thank you so much for this extension. I was planning to make it but could not manage time!

Great Job!

I will test it and let you know!

Here is quick test report!

Simply it works great!

1. Test with pun_poll
i) After saving as draft, i get the following error
Undefined index: Preview poll in post.php(356) : eval()'d code on line 14

ii) however, after closing the window and if I try to edit the draft, poll is lost

2. Test with pun_tags
same as earlier (ii).

hope these info help

thanks

Loving this!
Thanks and well done smile

This is not really a bug but if you have the tag extension installed as well as the "save draft" extension then saving a draft post does not save the tags details. I am not sure whether or not this can be classified as a bug but I have both these extensions installed and find this problem rather annoying.
Thanks in advance to anyone who will fix this