1 (edited by Kushi 2011-10-26 19:06)

Topic: [Request]More profile fields + requiring them on registration

Hello,
I've been using punbb recently and i find it out really nice. However there are few more options, which I require.

First of all, i need to add new profile fields. I'm not dilettante in php stuff. I mean I know that I have to add fields in database  and show them somehow in user control panel, but I don't really understand this Hooks, and have no idea, how to put them there. Moreover I would like to made them required on registration ( this new fields ).

Please, help me smile.

If any of my dropbox link fails with 404 error, change dl.dropbox.com/u/56038890/punbb/*.zip in address to 82283017.

Currently working on rPlus - responsive theme for developers to create their own themes basing on this one.

Re: [Request]More profile fields + requiring them on registration

For PunBB 1.3 use extension Fancy Profile Fields.

3 (edited by Kushi 2011-10-27 11:02)

Well, sure, it adds some fields. I can change lang files and edit them as I wish ( eg 'start year of study' instead of 'skype' ), but some of them are scripted and display URL ( facebook, twitter ). And i don't really need most of them. One, two - not all of them. I wonder if You could tell me, how to display this fields on register site and topicview. And it would be amazing if this fields could be predefined. I mean user choose from dropdown list, instead of printing any value.

//edit
Excuse me I've checked Your extension and It's kind of easy to edit. I've made dropdown list etc. But there is still this thing about displaying ( and requiring ) it on registration site and topicview.

//edit once again
Well I'm trying to display this in viewtopic, my code looks like that

$forum_page['author_info']['from'] = '<li><span>'.$dodatkowe_pola['drs'].': <strong>'.forum_htmlencode($cur_post['drs']).'</strong></span></li>';

But I'm getting this error

Notice: Undefined index: drs in D:\Program Files (x86)\WebServ\httpd-users\punbb-1.3.6\viewtopic.php(511) : eval()'d code on line 54

Displaying in Userprofile and editing it works perfectly by editing Your's script big_smile

If any of my dropbox link fails with 404 error, change dl.dropbox.com/u/56038890/punbb/*.zip in address to 82283017.

Currently working on rPlus - responsive theme for developers to create their own themes basing on this one.

Kushi: Did you make any progress? I would like to add field with "year of birth", on my technical forum it would give a better idea who we are talking to. For 1.4.2, of course.