Topic: [Extension] Ajax Post Rating

A while back I had this ajax post rating extension developed (by Salov Radoslav).
http://keydogbb.info/img/rating.png

Current Features:

• Allows setting to allow guests to rate

• Allows setting to allow unlimited number of rating

• Allows setting to allow only members to rate

• Adds the IPs of voters to the db

Now I'm looking for someone to add some features to it

Wanted Features:

• Optional way of showing which members have given positive or negative rating (either by hovering on the + sign, or by clicking somewhere

• Optional way of showing how many of the votes were from guests and how many from members

• Add: Stars rating of topics

• Member should be able to undo a rating

Here's the current version, tested and working on 1.4.1 - Thanks Grez!
ONLY FOR VERSION PUNBB >1.4
https://rapidshare.com/files/4161757740/ajax_rating.zip  or
http://www.mediafire.com/?tmxitruo2ibpl4e

Re: [Extension] Ajax Post Rating

Nice work! big_smile

Seems to be a bug;
line 615 of extension manifest.xml

<hook id="fn_generate_navlinks_end"><![CDATA[
            if (!$lang_ajax_rating) {
                if (file_exists($ext_info['path'].'/lang/'.$forum_user['language'].'/'.$ext_info['id'].'.php'))
                    include_once $ext_info['path'].'/lang/'.$forum_user['language'].'/'.$ext_info['id'].'.php';
                else
                    include_once $ext_info['path'].'/lang/English/'.$ext_info['id'].'.php';
            }
            $links['ajax_rating_toprated'] = '<li id="navtoprated"'.((FORUM_PAGE == 'toprated') ? ' class="isactive"' : '').'><a href="'.forum_link('toprated.php').'">'.$lang_ajax_rating['Post ratings'].'</a></li>';
        ]]></hook>

in punbb 1.4.x

Notice: Undefined variable: lang_ajax_rating in /home/.../include/functions.php(492) : eval()'d code on line 35

in punbb 1.3.x
getting;

Notice: Undefined variable: lang_ajax_rating in /home/.../include/functions.php(468) : eval()'d code on line 10

functions.php  line 468

($hook = get_hook('fn_generate_navlinks_end')) ? eval($hook) : null;

Seems to be working ok on my forums, http://www.shadow-society.net, but does anyone know how i can add it to the news feed aswell ?

5 (edited by kudataz 2013-11-25 06:22)

cc: guru keeshii, dimkalinux, kushi, maybe can help or make it easier this ext? big_smile

sorry my BAD english T___T
Have a nice day >.<
(^____^)v

Nice extension. But i think you can make it much lighter and simpler. I'm looking for same style extension but with these functions only:

• Only members can rate

• Only positive rate option

• Add the userID of voters to the DB

Can anyone make this extension like this? Without any ratings. Just simple post like.

i was checking this maybe it can put also this in my website , but before i need to check this.

I would like to bring this idea back to the table.

I currently use the karma system and it causes a lot of tension on my site. I would like to replace it with an idea similar to this one.

Here is what I would like to have in style and function.

Instead of a karma thumbs up or thumbs down it would be agree or disagree.
There would be a total kept for each agreement or disagreement in each post.
There would be no totals kept for your profile.
You would be able to see who agrees or disagrees with you when you scroll over the totals.
Only members can rate a post.
If you rate a post negatively, you must respond to the post before your rating submits.

The entire focus of the rating system would be to spur conversation rather than provoke an emotional response.

It would be located in the same place (near the sig line) that the karma system is now.

paulcambull wrote:

Good idea, although there are several such extensions (Reputation, Thanks), I will monitor your progress!
Good luck in the works.

sempai wrote:
paulcambull wrote:

Good idea, although there are several such extensions (Reputation, Thanks), I will monitor your progress!
Good luck in the works.

Thanks and reputation (karma) are not the same as what I have suggested. There are major differences that I outlined in that post. The ideas that I posted are geared towards creating more conversation and user interaction.