1 (edited by priv1 2012-01-02 22:35)

Topic: Transparent body

How to make background body transparent, it doesn't have to be the whole body but the one out of field edges?
I am familiar with the basics of php, etc.

Is there a Croatian translation for latest version?

Re: Transparent body

You mean completely transparent, or semi-transparent?

If any of my dropbox link fails with 404 error, change dl.dropbox.com/u/56038890/punbb/*.zip in address to 82283017.

Currently working on rPlus - responsive theme for developers to create their own themes basing on this one.

3 (edited by priv1 2012-01-03 11:24)

I made it.
Made semi transparent as I wanted, in mini cs i edited background:#fff to :transparent and got the main outer frame transparent. It works in Mozilla but IE not.

But hey, why does cache take so much time? I lost 2 hours trying to figure out why it doesn't work and than it suddenly worked with that code change.
Later i removed remember time from 1800 to 30 seconds and it seems bit better now.

I love the forums I think i will translate it to Croatian and post here but hey why did u do the thing with cache so badly?
Newly registered users also aren't seen imediately on that 1800 seconds.

Anyway, solved, now new question:

1 - How to remove a warning that user whith same IP has already been registered in last hour, and enable/disable that stuff?

2 - I can't seem to get the new favicon working, any trick with that?

*sorry for spelling

priv1 wrote:

2 - I can't seem to get the new favicon working, any trick with that?

Use a good tool,

In some cases a reload won't be enough, you need to restart browser...

I use the same that works good in latest joomla.
And, yes I cleared cache and all stuff and still no change.
But never mind the favicon, i use forum in a wrapper anyways, that's why i needed it to be transparent.

My bigger issue is 1 - enable/disable registration rule for same ip adress deny

priv1 wrote:

My bigger issue is 1 - enable/disable registration rule for same ip adress deny

in register.php

// Check that someone from this IP didn't register a user within the last hour (DoS prevention)
    $query = array(
        'SELECT'    => 'COUNT(u.id)',
        'FROM'        => 'users AS u',
        'WHERE'        => 'u.registration_ip=\''.$forum_db->escape(get_remote_address()).'\' AND u.registered>'.(time() - 3600)
    );

($hook = get_hook('rg_register_qr_check_register_flood')) ? eval($hook) : null;
    $result = $forum_db->query_build($query) or error(__FILE__, __LINE__);
    if ($forum_db->result($result) > 0)
    {
        $errors[] = $lang_profile['Registration flood'];
    }

change as desired, not poss from admin section...

7 (edited by priv1 2012-01-03 12:54)

Thanks, appreciate it. Changed to 1, that should be fine.

Anyway, i'm beggining to think that maybe some issues i have come from installing the forum via site cpanel softaculus, for example cache issues, or even favicon issues (i tryed even with remaking it with your posted software), maybe i should reinstall it manually uploading and installing? What do you think?

Anyways I started Croatian translation (though I don't think I will be translating the administration end, only user), hope to post it here soon.

1. Cache will be fixed in next release (end of January) (cache issue)

2. Manual is fast and easy...

3. Great about the croatian. Most only need front end...

1. Its not cache issue. We cache only stats.