Topic: SQLite3 errors/warnings

I've very recently put up a PunBB 1.4 forum and, for simplicity's sake, I'm using SQLite3 as the database back end. (I'm running on a fairly limited VPS and trying to be as minimalist as possible.) I've noticed over the last 24 hours that I'm occasionally getting messages like this in the web server error logs:

FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  SQLite3::query(): Unable to prepare statement: 5, database is locked in /opt/nginx/sites/gc/include/dblayer/sqlite3.php on line 96" while reading response header from upstream

I know that SQLite3 locks the entire database when it's writing, but I'm wondering if this a sign of an actual problem I need to investigate, or if it's something that I can safely ignore -- is the query being retried so from the forum visitor's point of view everything is fine, or is data potentially being lost here? If I need to switch to a different database engine, I should think about it now, so I can follow up this message with "what's the best way to migrate between database engines." smile

Re: SQLite3 errors/warnings

While I don't want to be the guy who keeps bumping his own topic up, has nobody else seen this before?

Sqlite is not popular - hostings with MySQL is a cheap.

That may certainly be the case, although it's my understanding that SQLite should really be pretty good for sites that are in the thousands to tens-of-thousands hits a day range.

At any rate, setting that aside: if I did want to migrate the forum to MySQL, what would be the best way to manage it?