Topic: Just downloaded punbb...

ive got it working here.

palgamecube.co.uk/punbb but i want to do a number of things i can't yet do

include palgamecube.co.uk/header.php at the top of every page.
change the forum width to 700
have a drop down list of all the files in img/avartars with a preview of them a lá IB.

any of this possible

Re: Just downloaded punbb...

oh and i also want the dispaly to say points: blah instead of posts : blah

3 (edited by Piggymon 2003-09-03 20:15)

The header thing is asked about often, look around in the forums (or use the search function) and you should find it (yeah, it can be done). The drop down list sounds like something that will never be in "vanilla" punBB, put down a Mod request in the Mod forum. As for the points thing, this should be an easy edit in some .php files. I'll let Kennel tell you which ones :)

-

richardtock wrote:

include palgamecube.co.uk/header.php at the top of every page.

You can by messing around a little with PunBB's own header.php. It's a bit tricky though if you don't know any PHP.

The next version of PunBB will include functionality to include PHP scripts from the template files directly.

richardtock wrote:

change the forum width to 700

Have a look at the excellent skinning guide being composed by ps21: http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=2590

richardtock wrote:

have a drop down list of all the files in img/avartars with a preview of them a lá IB.

Probably not, no :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

"Warning: main(): stream does not support seeking in ..........header.php on line 107"

Well, I guess that's in "your" header.php and not the one from PunBB. Am I right?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."