Topic: An Alternative to GoDaddy for punbb

I have previously set up a small forum for the sharing and discussion of skin-care knowledge. Initially, I choose the Deluxe plan of Godaddy. It is fine for the first 6 moths. However, as my forum continues grow with more visitors, it seems that the Deluxe is not enough. Now, I have around 50K threads and at least 800 daily visitors. So, my question is, should I upgrade my GoDaddy account or go for another hosting company? I have checked the hosting review site of http://linkedhosts.com/, and have found that BlueHost and HostMonster are better? So, which one should I choose?

Re: An Alternative to GoDaddy for punbb

I've been using 1&1 for a while now and I've been very happy. I've taken advantage of the managed hosting plan found here, which has taken much of the administration work out of running my sites. I've found their Performance packages to be, not only great value for money, but also very powerful. The customer support has also been excellent.
Actually, I've been through a number of hosting companies in the past and suffered various issues with each. So far, 1&1 have surpassed what I would usually expect. Certainly worth a punt.

Hi all,
1 & 1 is too much expensive. GoDaddy is good if you buy the domain from them, but if you get hosting for your website, then the result is always terrible.
I am using HostGator's baby plan. It sounds great. You should also check their packages.

Bluehost hosting also offers one free domain with their hosting plans, offering additional savings.

Hello Everyone,
I also do not recommend Godaddy for any one.my blog also hosted in Godaddy but most time my blog is down.next month i hope to go Hostgator.

I'm also not much of a Godaddy fan. Most hosts give you a free domain name, so that's not really a draw. I would say do your homework. Sometimes it's actually better to pay a little more. After all you do get what you pay for right? I would look into their scalability and security. of course it all depends on your needs and what you are actually doing with it.

If it's a professional website, don't go with an unprofessional host.

Bluehost
InMotinHosting
SiteGround
HostGator
Kinsta