Just confirmation for those that are interested. This works fine on version 1.2.2 as well. Below is what I did to get the Poll to work on the board I am working on. This isn't a "do this and it will work" post, but it's a "try this and maybe you will be as lucky as me"!
Summary of Install
- Downloaded Charmool's original version of the software.
- Downloaded dEmon's update.
- Edit the install_mod.php and add '1.2.2' to the array at the top. (Line 12 should read:)
$punbb_versions = array('1.2' ,'1.2.1','1.2.2');
- Follow the instructions installing dEmon's version as per the Readme.
- The dEmon version is missing the language file as noted earlier in the thread. This is simple to fix though. It's available in the Charmool version (though it needs renaming).
*- Charmools is in : /lang/en/en_poll.php
*- you need to move it and rename it to: /lang/English/poll.php
- In addition to dEmon's instructions in the readme (you'll notice one of the latter instructions is repeated twice), you'll need to edit one of the lines you pasted into edit.php:
Similiarly, the same problem exists in post.php
- This step I didn't see mentioned recently, but it's worth navigating to your /cache directory and deleting all the files except index.html and .htaccess. This stage basically makes sure all the config changes take affect and you don't get the "undefined index o_polls" errors & so on.
The above isn't a complete guide and I may have missed something out, but it certainly seems good to me.
edit: I haven't received the error notices regarding "question" & "answer" indexes that some people have had, so fixes especially for those have not been included in my above text.