Re: Private Message System

Umm.. if you want to mass PM then just do a global notice/announcement on the forum. lol.

"You start coding. I'll go find out what they want." - Computer Analyst to Programmer

Umm.. that's a bit different, but thanks for the answer...

Thomas

It accomplishes the same goal. How's it different?

"You start coding. I'll go find out what they want." - Computer Analyst to Programmer

Well, for example, a member will be more likely to pay a great attention to a private message when he arrives on the site especially if there is a 'you have got a private message', than to an annoucement on the forum page. And You can customize some messages (ex people who haven't vote for a poll etc.).

Connorhd wrote:

just wait for Chacmool its his project and i'm sure he'll do a good job of it, porting it to 1.2 isn't going to be as good as Chacmool rewriting the script for 1.2

It is his project and I can be patient enough to wait Im just a little anxious, thats all. I hope the re-write is nice and crisp I havent used the PM mod before or seen the quality of the script from previous pun versions I wasnt really interested at the time. But, now that my forum has grown to some extend i want the PM mod so that when i customize the forum to look like my webpage i can kill 2 birds with one stone and have a nic emod in teh process. smile

-gezz

306 (edited by exorcist 2005-01-19 21:39)

Is there out yet the Private_Message_System for punBB v1.2 ?

no read all the above posts ^^

Connorhd wrote:

no read all the above posts ^^

ups...   wink

yeah, i understand the fact that people NEVER read announcements, but that is their problem really. i come across it all the time. people don't stickies, announcements, whatever, but after a while, you just say, those that miss out, miss out. the extra effort is less worth it over time.

Currently Reading: State of Fear, by Michael Chriton
Currently Playing: Lord of the Rings: The Third Age (PS2)

310 (edited by HMEternity 2005-01-25 02:40)

Hey Chacmool,
Excelent mod you've got here! I was wondering, and well I guess requesting a new feature for the Private Message System. So here's the deal, would it be possible to send a private message to a newly registered user to greet them? I'm sure it's possible, but i'm not sure how to go about it.

Also I think it'd be a very useful and nice feature to have a function like:
function pun_message('owner','sender','subject','message');

Example:
pun_message('User','HMEternity','Welcome to the Forums!','Welcome to the Forums, Please read the  rules and enjoy the forums!');

I appreciate any feedback, thanks for writing such a great mod.

Always ~HMEternity

any sign of the pm system yet?
sorry im just ancious to get it smile

Im using 1.5.0 version of punBB. Now installed successfull but I can't see "Messages" link on top where is "Home", "User list" etc..

[img]http://www.kaffir.org/images/sigs/pauliesig6.jpg[/img]

Paulie wrote:

Im using 1.5.0 version of punBB. Now installed successfull but I can't see "Messages" link on top where is "Home", "User list" etc..

There aint no 1.5.0 version of punBB.
Maybe that is your problem tongue

1.2 is the current punBB version, and the PrivMsg System was coded for 1.1.5 punBB.

Do you people actually read a topic or just post questions and see what happens next?

One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say.
~ Will Durant (1885 - 1981)

Come on guys, cut them some slack- the topic is 13 pages long...

Every Day Above Ground Is A Good One!!

Argyle wrote:
Paulie wrote:

There aint no 1.5.0 version of punBB.
Maybe that is your problem tongue

1.2 is the current punBB version, and the PrivMsg System was coded for 1.1.5 punBB.

Do you people actually read a topic or just post questions and see what happens next?

Hey sorry, I mean 1.1.5 tongue

Did you acctually *edit* the files, or did you just run the file installer?

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

Do I need do something else? Yes I did run only installer file.

Could be installed this mod into PunBB 1.2.10 ?

install_mod.php

// One or more versions of PunBB that this mod works on. The version names must match exactly!
$punbb_versions    = array('1.1', '1.1.1', '1.1.2', '1.1.3', '1.1.4', '1.1.5');

No, there's a newer version

http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=9035

Thank you.

I think, it's better to update info about new version of mod here: http://www.punres.org/files.php?pid=18

From the first post of this topic:

Download the latest version from PunRes.

321 (edited by Smartys 2006-02-14 11:59)

The newer mod was written by a different author wink
They're not the same mod, one is for 1.1.x and the other is for 1.2.x tongue

Oh, yes. smile Sorry

Hello,

I want to know if it is possible to have an announcement/notification by email when the members receive a private message ?

There will be in the extension which will be written for 1.3, but currently no.

Connorhd,

Is there any word as to when 1.3 will be officially released?