Topic: PunPostPreview

I've made a simple preview-function to PunBB. I'ts only availible when posting topics or Post, not when editing (with the preview you should not edit that much posts :P).

Screenshot availible here: PunPostPreview

Download the mod

You can try the mod at my test forum if you like (online when I'm home). One problem is that it's probably not working with PunPoll. Are there any more mods that might not work if this one is installed?

Re: PunPostPreview

Cool! Something similar is on the todo list for 1.2.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

Cool! Something similar is on the todo list for 1.2.

Great :) I'm missusing the edit-function all the time.

Btw, seems like you implement more and more feautures all the time ;P

Yes, it does, doesn't it? :D

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I guess the attachment mod could be behaving different, but I don't know (or have the time to find out) ... it will work with later when I rewrite the mod though wink

6 (edited by cuteseal 2004-06-09 06:57)

Hey Chacmool, now that punres is down, where can I download this mod?

Digital photography news, reviews, discussions and more!
http://www.shuttertalk.com

The online bible for all
http://www.publicbible.com

cuteseal wrote:

Hey Chamcool, now that punres is down, where can I download this mod?

Sure! I've put all my mods here.

oooh, thank ye thank ye!

The online bible for all

Also, do you have steps on how to install it on edit.php as well?

Thanks,
Jules

The online bible for all

It's not supporting preview when editing posts. I've not had the time to fix this yet. I might fix it someday though, but untill then there's no preview there.

11 (edited by Razmooze 2004-06-10 10:39)

In what way does it not work together with PunPoll?
Also, the URL to your test forum seems to be dead.

No electrons were harmed in the creation of this post.
However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience.

I don't know, I just assumes it will be some problems :) Actually, I've not hade the time/will to test it yet... The test forum is online when I'm home (=my computer is on), maybe I should have mentioned that in the first post :)

ok smile

hello to everybody,

this is a wonderfull forum with wonderful mods - I am absolute beginner dealing with punbb - but I like it much.
also the wondeful mods wink

I have included the BBCode and MoreSmiles mod and now I have also included the preview funktion - everything works fine but one:

when user post message the "Convert smilies to icons "-checkbox is uncheckt ( no matters what the user choose in his profile)

please help me - where is the bug?

guest_newbie I have the same problem and Chachmool did tell me in the Swedish section that he should check that, I do not know if he has been busy or something but I think he knows that and will see what the problem is.

I removed the mod from my forum because I do not like to be in need of checking that box, but I really want the preview to work fine so I can use it big_smile

"I removed the mod from my forum because I do not like to be in need of checking that box, but I really want the preview to work fine so I can use it "  -

well I did the same but I hope there will be an answer to that problem soon - I like this funktion wink:)

Same do I smile

hello members,

I have just registered now to this forum - former guest_newbie changed now to catch17 -

hello again to everybody here - thanxs for that forum

Done!
I've finally got time to fix this problem, sorry for the problems I've caused...

In post.php, find:

if ($cur_user['smilies'] == '1' && $_POST['smilies'])

...and replace it with:

if ((!isset($_POST['form_sent']) && $cur_user['smilies'] == '1') || (isset($_POST['form_sent']) && $_POST['smilies'] == '1'))

Will you upgrade the mod with this? (I haven't installed it just yet yikes)).

21 (edited by catch17 2004-06-27 10:59)

Chacmool you are a wonderful guy - thanx a lot for fixing this line that fast smile:)

I have just changed the line  and it works fine

smile thank you very much smile

Razmooze wrote:

Will you upgrade the mod with this? (I haven't installed it just yet :o)).

It's already done :) The latest ver. is at the download-page.

catch17 wrote:

Chacmool you are a wonderful guy - thanx a lot for fixing this line that fast :):)

I have just changed the line  and it works fine

:) thank you very much :)

Great! :)

...and thanks to you for telling me there's a bug :D

Thansk for the mod! My users asked for it and it came handy. The problem is when I installed it the PostEnhancer mod stopped working... Any ideas? Have no clue how PHP works, I just copy&paste :-)

Have you thought by any chance about adding Preview to the quick post at the bottom of thread page?

Hi,
I really think that it would be nice with the PostPreview mod, but I'm really useless when it comes to install it.
I've done everything (oh, it's just two steps but what the heck) when this line appears "3. Follow instructions in PunPostPreview.html". "Okay, that sound easy" is my first thought when I read this and opens the PunPostPreview_v.1.1.2.html. But then I'm lost. The only thing I found in that file was how the original post.php looks like, and what the changes would be. But I don't follow this instructions, I'm afraid.

Would somebody, please, help me with the last step in the installation, because I won't make it myself...