1 (edited by Jansson 2004-05-29 22:30)

Topic: PunBB Resource's future

Well.. It looks like I can't afford having my server online anymore. Also my time is not enough. I will take a closer look at it next week. If anyone is intrested of hosting PunRes I can make a standalone version. Because, as it looks now, I'll have to take my server down for an unknown amount of time. The scripts require PHP with GD support, and MySQL. It would also be nice to have access to an SMTP server.

I'll not stop develop it, I just don't have the resources to host it.

PunRes is dowm atm because the CPU fan is broken and I can't find a new one.

Re: PunBB Resource's future

Oh man, thats bad, we will see of there is any room on our server for the file hosting. How much space and bandwith do you need?!

Damn, if I had a server, I would happily lend it to you... =/ Hope you find somewhere.

I run a web hosting company www.wn0.net, i can host you on one of my current accounts free of charge if you dont use very much bandwidth (under 20 GB) and under 300 MB - 400 MB diskspace, let me know, tyler @ weirdnetwork.com

5 (edited by middleground 2004-05-30 00:29)

sorry to here, very worthy effort...

I can offer you some space for free on my setup, I have a small webhosting thing to sell off some extra bwidth and space...as noted above- what B/W and space do you need.

I'm funded with or without sales so I'm sure it will be there...

Every Day Above Ground Is A Good One!!

Is there any way of measure the bandwidth used from the apache logs?

Yes, just run a log analyzer on it (i.e. webalizer).

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

8 (edited by middleground 2004-05-30 15:08)

Jansson, since you are down, if you want let me know and I'll set you up and you can at least get the nameservers pointed there. We can worry about the B/W space later, I've got plenty of room and recently unloaded phpCOIN of my setup- which was almost 4GB B/W.

I'll have a look at the B/W and space later. And start coding the standalone version right now. Shouldn't be much work.

Rickard wrote:

Yes, just run a log analyzer on it (i.e. webalizer).

That was a really usefull tool smile

"Real programmers are those that can sleep in front of terminals ... with their eyes opened."

"Real programmers don't work from 9 to 5. If any real programmers are around at 9am it's because they were up all night."

11 (edited by Louis 2004-05-30 17:18)

Jansson wrote:

... And start coding the standalone version right now. Shouldn't be much work.

Release it under the GPL so we can make improvements on the code too ;)

And I really doubt that PunRes would use 20 GB of bandwidth ... most files on the site are over a couple hundred KB, at most.

Perhaps we should re-open the Mod sections on this forum then? They were never all that popular on PunRes because they were harder to find.

Louis: I don't think I dare to publish the ugly code which hide behind PunRes atm :D It's not a bad idea though. PunRes is a resource for PunBB modders (and users) and I think they should be involved in making it.

I share your thoughts about the forums and I'll try to make the forums easier to find.

do you need a domain for just punres?

A domain sounds like a good idea. Punres.org?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

A domain sounds like a good idea. Punres.org?

Thats what I was thinking.... done....

Jansson- just want to help here...(consider my donation smile )
I have the domain punres.org (you can have it when you want it- I just ordered to get it moving).
As soon as it is added, I'll get the domain setup in plesk and get the nameservers pointed there.

If you can email me, i'll send all the info for plesk login and account control. Hopefully it will all be resolved by the time you finish the standalone code....

All project files and styles can be found here until PunRes is ready.

http://www.punres.org/files/

JanssoN: What is going to happen with PunRes? I need to know. If you feel you lack the time, the resources or the will to continue the work, I don't have much choice but to ask someone else to start from scratch on a new project.

18 (edited by Jansson 2004-06-13 13:47)

A sneak peek at PunRes 3 ;)

I like smile

I've put up a test version now. Let me now what you think :)