1 (edited by Razmooze 2004-07-04 02:18)

Topic: color names

This might sound like something way obsolete,  but might be a good thing to have a note about in the help page.
Since the fact that the color code [ color=#RRGGBB] is converted to HTML it is quite natral to use color namese instead of color codes for those forum users who are unfamiliar with such. Therefore I would insist to put a line just before the red-text line which says:

Green text produces Green text

Only requires one line in help.php and another line in en_help.php.

(I've done this in my forum..)

No electrons were harmed in the creation of this post.
However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience.

Re: color names

I agree. Allowing color names instead of HTML style hex values doesn't do a lot of good if people don't know it's there :) I'll put it on the list.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

3 (edited by Razmooze 2004-07-05 22:11)

great smile
you can check my help-page for "inspiration"

I feel simple is best. If everyone keep adding different colors, the content may look odd..(right?). Why should we change the look of punbb with multiple colors..?

Sorry if I am wrong..

God wisely designed the human body so that we can neither pat our own backs nor kick ourselves too easily

5 (edited by Razmooze 2004-07-15 16:58)

this doesn't affect the look of the forum but only makes it possible for the user to change the color of texts in his/her post. Just like when I turn this text orange.

See the BBCode help-section: [color]...

Fixed.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."