Re: PunBB 1.2 development source

In 1.2, will there be a feature that allows you to move individual posts into another topic?  If not I guess there will be a mod that can be added.

I like the idea of turning it into a browser, by the way.  Heck, make it do word processing and image editing while you're at it.

D9r wrote:

I like the idea of turning it into a browser, by the way.

PunFox 0.0.7 - browse the web, read email, instant message, content managment and finally we've added back the capability to carry on a threaded conversation.

But will it make coffee in the morning?

D9r wrote:

In 1.2, will there be a feature that allows you to move individual posts into another topic?  If not I guess there will be a mod that can be added.

It isn't planned.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

D9r wrote:

Can you do that with CSS?

XKL (eXtensible Kettle Language)

New release. Changes this time:

2004-09-27
""""""""""
*  Incorporated new admin interface markup/CSS by Paul Sullivan. The admin
   interface now has the same look and feel as the rest of the pages.

2004-09-25
""""""""""
*  E-mail addresses are now, regardless of the user e-mail privacy setting in
   the profile, never displayed for guests. This will prevent e-mail
   harvesters from picking up addresses from PunBB boards.
*  Added meta tag to prevent search engine indexing of pages such as
   post.php, delete.php etc. Not all robots support the meta tag (the
   important ones do), but it's less hassle than teaching people how to use
   robots.txt.

2004-09-20
""""""""""
*  Added function pun_setcookie() to functions.php. All calls to PHP's
   setcookie() are now done here.
*  Added a cookie seed to improve cookie security. Each PunBB installation
   now has a unique seed that is prepended the password hash and hashed once
   more (md5) before being stored in the cookie. This not only makes it a lot
   harder to "crack" a cookie hash, but also makes sure cookies hashes are
   board specific. Thanks to zaher for the suggestion.
*  Fixed ban messages being a bit odd when the expiry date was "Today".
   Reported by Chacmool.

2004-09-19
""""""""""
*  Added search link "Show todays posts" to the footer of the index page. The
   search shows the last 24 hours' active topics.

2004-09-14
""""""""""
*  Added post preview and post error messages similar to edit.php (see
   2004-09-10 below).
"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I know it's too late for this version ... but about admin ... I think the top would be to not to separate admin and user ... like coppermine : when in admin mode, coppermine is browsable, but a lot of options appears ...

an example ...

In admin mode

User ... on his post
- prune all messages of this user
- exclude this user
- delete this user

without going by admin interface ... this is only ONE example ... and of course, like coppermine, possibility to switch between admin and user interface ... (no ? and ... FOR FUTURE !!)

That would depend on how often you use those options. If you hardly ever need to use admin tools then putting them in the main interface just clutters it up. The one option I can see a use for in the user interface would be a "ban user" button so that bans were handled like reports.

I quite like the idea of admin and user mode, its sometimes useful to browse the forum as a user, and it would make it not as important to keep the admin view decluttered as you would not have to always be in admin mode.

Paul wrote:
D9r wrote:

Can you do that with CSS?

No, but there is HTCPCP:
http://www.gmpiv.com/Humor/Computer/HTC … eePot.html

112 (edited by Richard 2004-09-29 00:06)

I know you said "no support requests".  But, admin_index.php comes up as a blank page when clicking on the Admin link in the latest 1.2 dev release.

113 (edited by Smartys 2004-09-29 00:11)

Odd, I don't get that

btw: So if we want to start working on CSS files, can we start now? tongue

Richard: I can't think what could cause that. It works fine in all my tests. Can you provide a link to the site where you are testing it.

Smartys: You will be wasting your time. The next phase once everything is working is to go back and rationalise things. That may mean changing class names, doubling up on class assignments and removing some classes/id's. I certainly hope to make it easier to edit the stylesheets and to make the stylesheets smaller.

Aww
/me sits and waits some more tongue

Paul,

here is the site:  http://richardk.digitalrice.com/punbb12/

I can go directly to each individual admin page (admin_forums.php, etc...), but admin_index.php just gives a blank page.

Must be something with my host.  The admin_index.php page is coming up blank in version 1.1.5 now also, it was working fine yesterday.  Sorry to have bothered you.

Smartys: On second thoughts, if you have some time to spare go ahead and fiddle with it. Think of it as beta testing e.g. is there anything thats hopelessly confusing, is there anything you want to be able to do and can't etc.

Richard: It sounds like the hosting problem from hell. I am curious now to find out exactly what could have happened.

119 (edited by Richard 2004-09-29 02:27)

Paul,

I got it working by commenting out the following (line #85 & #86):

else if (preg_match('/averages?: ([0-9\.]+),[\s]+([0-9\.]+),[\s]+([0-9\.]+)/i', @exec('uptime'), $load_averages))
    $server_load = $load_averages[1].' '.$load_averages[2].' '.$load_averages[3];

The host I am using is using a Windows server.

Very strange. On a Windows server, exec('uptime') is expected to fail, but the @ in front of the function name should take care of that.

Just out of curiousity, is it possible to misconfigure php error handling to make this happen.

Not really. The @ means PHP bypasses any errors exec() might run into.

Greate Job, Rickard and Paul! there is a big change in style. I like it. by the way, how is the pronounciation of Rickard? rikard or richard?

Rik-ard I would have thought.

Yes, with a k :)